ianlock
09-12 11:34 AM
Hi,
I carnt make it to the DC Rally, as i am in the UK, but this morning i sent the Channel 4 News desk an email explaining our plight in the hope that they might cover the DC rally and get you guys some air time, i also sent the same email to the ITN news desk, so you never know you might be on TV over here.
Hope this counts as a contribution. ???
Regards
Ian lock
EB3 ROW
I carnt make it to the DC Rally, as i am in the UK, but this morning i sent the Channel 4 News desk an email explaining our plight in the hope that they might cover the DC rally and get you guys some air time, i also sent the same email to the ITN news desk, so you never know you might be on TV over here.
Hope this counts as a contribution. ???
Regards
Ian lock
EB3 ROW
wallpaper makeup Download January 2012 Calendar january 2012 calendar printable.
cn0568
07-23 12:09 PM
Thanks for your replies.
Following are the clarifications.
1. Currently I have only the L1-A Visa stamped on my passport. Also I have the I-94 which is of L1-A Visa (I entered USA on L1-A Visa).
2. I have received the receipt issued by the USCIS for the H1B and it is valid from Oct-07.
Hope this helps.
Please let me know if you require any additional information.
Following are the clarifications.
1. Currently I have only the L1-A Visa stamped on my passport. Also I have the I-94 which is of L1-A Visa (I entered USA on L1-A Visa).
2. I have received the receipt issued by the USCIS for the H1B and it is valid from Oct-07.
Hope this helps.
Please let me know if you require any additional information.
vgayalu
10-05 01:02 PM
Just today mine and Spouse cases ( I 485) got approved after RFE ( RFE response reached to USCIS on Sep 30).
Still waiting for my kids approval.
Good luck to each and every one.
Still waiting for my kids approval.
Good luck to each and every one.
2011 january 2012 calendar printable. january 2012 calendar with

PHANI_TAVVALA
05-15 10:30 AM
actually online MBA costs 2 times more than regular MBA in most cases..they dont have concept of instate/out-of-state tuition for online.yeah its online but still people can be within the state paying state taxes or whatever..
they should consider this, I say :cool:
That's bull. Online at top-rated university costs as much as full-time but definitely not more. Most of the top-notch universities don't even differentiate in-state and out-of-state. M.B.A is a money printing machine for them. Assistantships, in full-time schools, are very few and scarce and competition for them is pretty high. I have friends going to Darden School of Business as full-time students and they are paying close to $70k in fee alone. Add to this the cost of living, books etc. Times are pretty bad now and few of them couldnot even get internships for this summer and few who got had had their offers rescinded. For full-time school you have to consider something called "Opportunity Cost". There was a article in Businessweek which mentioned that a Harvard full-time M.B.A will take 15 years to break-even on his M.B.A investment. The reason for this is that he will be spending $80k on fee alone, another $20-30k for living expenses for 2 years, another 10-20k in books and other expenses. At the same time he would have lost on a average $160-200k in 2 year salary and benefits. Combines together it adds upto $300k which can be invested at average 6% interest, if you are a savvy investor, and get good returns. Assuming a Harvard M.B.A graduate on a average make $120k out-of-school if would take 15 years for him to break-even even with all the increments and bonuses.
they should consider this, I say :cool:
That's bull. Online at top-rated university costs as much as full-time but definitely not more. Most of the top-notch universities don't even differentiate in-state and out-of-state. M.B.A is a money printing machine for them. Assistantships, in full-time schools, are very few and scarce and competition for them is pretty high. I have friends going to Darden School of Business as full-time students and they are paying close to $70k in fee alone. Add to this the cost of living, books etc. Times are pretty bad now and few of them couldnot even get internships for this summer and few who got had had their offers rescinded. For full-time school you have to consider something called "Opportunity Cost". There was a article in Businessweek which mentioned that a Harvard full-time M.B.A will take 15 years to break-even on his M.B.A investment. The reason for this is that he will be spending $80k on fee alone, another $20-30k for living expenses for 2 years, another 10-20k in books and other expenses. At the same time he would have lost on a average $160-200k in 2 year salary and benefits. Combines together it adds upto $300k which can be invested at average 6% interest, if you are a savvy investor, and get good returns. Assuming a Harvard M.B.A graduate on a average make $120k out-of-school if would take 15 years for him to break-even even with all the increments and bonuses.
more...
vandanaverdia
09-11 12:45 PM
This aint my fight... This aint your fight..
THIS IS OUR FIGHT!!!
We need to come together & let our voices be heard!!!
Come to DC...
There is very little time & lots to achieve...
There are miles to go before I sleep.....
THIS IS OUR FIGHT!!!
We need to come together & let our voices be heard!!!
Come to DC...
There is very little time & lots to achieve...
There are miles to go before I sleep.....
imneedy
11-11 07:23 AM
Nrc2008064584
more...
PBECVictim
06-12 10:00 AM
White House spokesman Tony Snow said on �American Morning� he expects Republicans to band together to add amendments to the bill, and it could be voted on by the end of Tuesday � after senators take up the energy bill.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
2010 january 2012 calendar printable. Download January 2012 Calendar
makemygc
07-16 06:07 PM
This is utter nonsense!!!
Core team - > Please work on getting some sort of easy webfax put up so that we may effectively address such utter nonsense!! The link to the fax should be prominently displayed on the main page of IV!!!
Guys,
Lets come up with some suggestions to counter-attack these false propoganda. Few thoughts??
1. Will gandhigiri work with them? Not just sending flowers but using other Gandhi ways as well.
2. Should core post some article on the home page.."Top 10 Myths About Employment Based Immigration" and include tax as one of the myths.
Reason, i'm saying this is that in my company there are several americans who think that way even though they are ok with immigration. They think that we do not pay any tax here.
3. Educate numberusa and other anti-immigration people about. I know we might not be able to educate the core people over their but we might be able to educate other member joining there.
Any other thoughts?..
Core team - > Please work on getting some sort of easy webfax put up so that we may effectively address such utter nonsense!! The link to the fax should be prominently displayed on the main page of IV!!!
Guys,
Lets come up with some suggestions to counter-attack these false propoganda. Few thoughts??
1. Will gandhigiri work with them? Not just sending flowers but using other Gandhi ways as well.
2. Should core post some article on the home page.."Top 10 Myths About Employment Based Immigration" and include tax as one of the myths.
Reason, i'm saying this is that in my company there are several americans who think that way even though they are ok with immigration. They think that we do not pay any tax here.
3. Educate numberusa and other anti-immigration people about. I know we might not be able to educate the core people over their but we might be able to educate other member joining there.
Any other thoughts?..
more...
sam_hoosier
01-18 11:09 AM
Signed up for $20/month.
hair 2012 Calendar - free printable

mallu
06-20 02:54 PM
PD Nov.2002 India EB2( original labor ).
I-485 RD Jul 2006 . AD : June 2008.
Waiting for actual card...:D
I-485 RD Jul 2006 . AD : June 2008.
Waiting for actual card...:D
more...
Jerrome
08-07 11:02 AM
June processing numbers are available
I485 Receipt I485 Pending I485-processed FB I-485 EB I-485
June-08 46024 740969 44989 42500 2489
Very much what i expected.
Means we had(have) 25K visas to be used(only from EB Quota) in July,August and September rt.
I485 Receipt I485 Pending I485-processed FB I-485 EB I-485
June-08 46024 740969 44989 42500 2489
Very much what i expected.
Means we had(have) 25K visas to be used(only from EB Quota) in July,August and September rt.
hot january 2012 calendar
TexDBoy
09-10 11:00 AM
They r into recess now ... lunch at 11:00 ... I guess its bit early .. :)
more...
house january 2012 printable
CR1
04-15 10:42 PM
I have been here about a year and am on an L1 with my wife and two children who are on L2s. We are thinking about starting the GC process. While I am sure this topic has been discussed many times before in this forum, what are the pitfalls, and how long does the process usually take? My understanding is it's relatively straightforward for L1s, however I have seen a number of posts talking of converting from L1s to H1s, so I am little confused as to which is the best visa to be on to apply for GCs.
Many thanks.
Many thanks.
tattoo january 2012 calendar
cps060
03-19 06:13 PM
Thanks for the information.
Does this mean that if my spouse wants to start school in Sept 2007, it is fine to keep working till August 2007, file I539 change of status to H4 then and then resign from the company once one gets that receipt notice. With the receipt notice itself its good to be in status and can go to school then. The actual approval may come in 3-4 months and that should not be a consideration for the school.
Please tell me your views/experiences.
H1 is a non immigrant but dual intent visa.. It is assumed that you might try to immigrate...When your spouse filed I-140 , the immigration intent came forth.. Now USCIS already knows that your spouse wnts to immigrate...
F1 is a strictly non-immigrant visa. You have to prove your intention of not immigrating to USCIS....
So your position for asking a H1 to F1 transfer is inherently weak....Again a good attorney can spin it....You need a an extremely good attorney....
If you are paying out of your pocket, you can go to college on H4..
Student loans are not available on H4...No financial aid of any kind would be available on H4...
Transferring from H1 to H4 should be quick....I would not bother to file in premium...You are to stop working anyway....Just getting an application receipt should be good enough to start college....If the college allows, you can start college immediately....USCIS never objects to you going to college
as long as you can pay....
I know all this because I did the research when my wife started her college..Should finish this may..
Does this mean that if my spouse wants to start school in Sept 2007, it is fine to keep working till August 2007, file I539 change of status to H4 then and then resign from the company once one gets that receipt notice. With the receipt notice itself its good to be in status and can go to school then. The actual approval may come in 3-4 months and that should not be a consideration for the school.
Please tell me your views/experiences.
H1 is a non immigrant but dual intent visa.. It is assumed that you might try to immigrate...When your spouse filed I-140 , the immigration intent came forth.. Now USCIS already knows that your spouse wnts to immigrate...
F1 is a strictly non-immigrant visa. You have to prove your intention of not immigrating to USCIS....
So your position for asking a H1 to F1 transfer is inherently weak....Again a good attorney can spin it....You need a an extremely good attorney....
If you are paying out of your pocket, you can go to college on H4..
Student loans are not available on H4...No financial aid of any kind would be available on H4...
Transferring from H1 to H4 should be quick....I would not bother to file in premium...You are to stop working anyway....Just getting an application receipt should be good enough to start college....If the college allows, you can start college immediately....USCIS never objects to you going to college
as long as you can pay....
I know all this because I did the research when my wife started her college..Should finish this may..
more...
pictures January 2012 calendar image
thirdworldman
03-09 11:55 PM
Here is my wireframe / project screenshot
http://www.inmod.com/casey/subway_wire.jpg
[.soulty - removed img tags.. lets not make the thread too wide]
http://www.inmod.com/casey/subway_wire.jpg
[.soulty - removed img tags.. lets not make the thread too wide]
dresses january 2012 printable
tb2904
12-27 10:34 AM
I posted the following details in other thread -
************************************************** *******
Here are the options to fly back to your home country:
1. Fly directly to your home country - No transit visa required and no valid US visa required
2. Fly via any other country - No transit visa required as long as you are not stranded in airport due to delay in first leg of the flight. Also, to board a plane to Europe you have to have a valid US visa.
Here are my past experiences:
1. I had a valid US visa and I was traveling from Cincinnati to New Delhi via Paris on Air France. My flight from Cincinnati got delayed and I missed my connecting flight in Paris. All the passengers that had the green card or US citizenship were allowed to stay in Hotel outside the airport. But, since I am an Indian national and did not have a transit visa, France custom officer told me that I am "illegally" in France. He was nice guy and advised me to stay the night at the airport terminal and board the plane to India next day.
2. My US visa on my passport expired and I had the H1 extension papers with me. I was traveling on Air France from Cincinnati to New Delhi and my flight was via Paris. The airline staff at Cincinnati did not allow me to board the plane as I did not have a valid US visa on my passport. I had to drive down to Chicago to get the transit visa.
3. My US visa on my passport expired. I flew directly from NY to New Delhi on Continental. No questions asked.
************************************************** *******
************************************************** *******
Here are the options to fly back to your home country:
1. Fly directly to your home country - No transit visa required and no valid US visa required
2. Fly via any other country - No transit visa required as long as you are not stranded in airport due to delay in first leg of the flight. Also, to board a plane to Europe you have to have a valid US visa.
Here are my past experiences:
1. I had a valid US visa and I was traveling from Cincinnati to New Delhi via Paris on Air France. My flight from Cincinnati got delayed and I missed my connecting flight in Paris. All the passengers that had the green card or US citizenship were allowed to stay in Hotel outside the airport. But, since I am an Indian national and did not have a transit visa, France custom officer told me that I am "illegally" in France. He was nice guy and advised me to stay the night at the airport terminal and board the plane to India next day.
2. My US visa on my passport expired and I had the H1 extension papers with me. I was traveling on Air France from Cincinnati to New Delhi and my flight was via Paris. The airline staff at Cincinnati did not allow me to board the plane as I did not have a valid US visa on my passport. I had to drive down to Chicago to get the transit visa.
3. My US visa on my passport expired. I flew directly from NY to New Delhi on Continental. No questions asked.
************************************************** *******
more...
makeup january 2012 calendar printable. may 2012 calendar. print may
Jaime
09-10 12:45 PM
No in-state tuition for legals (only for illegals) - You are a legal high-skilled immigrant and have played by all the rules while contributing greatly to the economy, yet your children are not eligible for in-state tuition, while the children of illegal aliens ARE!!!!!
girlfriend 2012+calendar+printable

prioritydate
12-20 04:30 PM
Your PD is Dec, 2004. Why you think you'll get RFE for not working during 2001?
I am not sure about that. So, are you saying that they don't care what my status was before applying my GC?
I am not sure about that. So, are you saying that they don't care what my status was before applying my GC?
hairstyles 2012 calendar printable

unseenguy
08-22 09:03 AM
luvschocolates: Ignore what everyone has said and do exactly what is written on RFE you got. If you do not do it, your 485 will be denied and you risk deportation if you do not do what USCIS has asked you to do. They are very powerful and I hope you understand this.
If you are not able to afford it by money there are volunteer organizations that will do the medical exam. The medical exam will cost about 300-400 $ but you can reduce the cost by taking shots at public hospitals/facilities and by taking help from volunteer support organizations.
Also if the family of the person you care for really loves you, they have to understand that this is the cost of keeping you to take care of the person. So they have to pay. I know you dont want to ask them for money, but talk to them , they might be willing afterall.
You also need to prove evidence of valid entry. Do you have a copy of your original boarding pass , airline ticket etc? When you entered US through airline, they would have given you a green I-94 W card. A small green card to keep as a proof. Do you have that? If so send in the photocopy of that. If not , for the nerdy institution USCIS is, your chances are slim, so you will need to consult an attorney.
Again, there are volunteer organizations that help people who can not afford costs. They should have local presence wherever you live.
Do not listen to the mean attitude of guys on this forum, let USCIS be the judge on your case and not the guys on this forum.
Now hurry up and start getting the paperwork done. You do not have much time to respond.
If you are not able to afford it by money there are volunteer organizations that will do the medical exam. The medical exam will cost about 300-400 $ but you can reduce the cost by taking shots at public hospitals/facilities and by taking help from volunteer support organizations.
Also if the family of the person you care for really loves you, they have to understand that this is the cost of keeping you to take care of the person. So they have to pay. I know you dont want to ask them for money, but talk to them , they might be willing afterall.
You also need to prove evidence of valid entry. Do you have a copy of your original boarding pass , airline ticket etc? When you entered US through airline, they would have given you a green I-94 W card. A small green card to keep as a proof. Do you have that? If so send in the photocopy of that. If not , for the nerdy institution USCIS is, your chances are slim, so you will need to consult an attorney.
Again, there are volunteer organizations that help people who can not afford costs. They should have local presence wherever you live.
Do not listen to the mean attitude of guys on this forum, let USCIS be the judge on your case and not the guys on this forum.
Now hurry up and start getting the paperwork done. You do not have much time to respond.
StarSun
02-09 08:21 AM
I have lived in VA before and know how much of a mess it can be to commute between VA and DC.
However, for this specific event, would local members or those who have had experience attending advocacy days last year recommend to solely use public transport to get to the DC/Cap Hill area or would renting a car be of any help. I was thinking of just renting a car to just get from airport to place of stay and then use public transport on Mon/Tue to get to DC.
LOOK FORWARD TO SUGGESTIONS as I need to plan my travel.
Parking can be a problem near the Hill. It is probably best to use public transportation.
However, for this specific event, would local members or those who have had experience attending advocacy days last year recommend to solely use public transport to get to the DC/Cap Hill area or would renting a car be of any help. I was thinking of just renting a car to just get from airport to place of stay and then use public transport on Mon/Tue to get to DC.
LOOK FORWARD TO SUGGESTIONS as I need to plan my travel.
Parking can be a problem near the Hill. It is probably best to use public transportation.
kondur_007
07-12 04:30 PM
E. APPLICABILITY OF INA SECTION 202(a)(5)(A)AS IT RELATES TO THE ALLOCATION OF �OTHERWISE UNUSED� NUMBERS
INA Section 202(a)(5)(A), added by the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act (AC21), provides that if total demand will be insufficient to use all available numbers in a particular Employment preference category in a calendar quarter, then the otherwise unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual per-country limits. This provision helps to assure that all available Employment preference numbers may be used. In recent years, the application of Section 202(a)(5)(A) has occasionally allowed oversubscribed countries such as China-mainland born and India to utilize large quantities of Employment First and Second preference numbers that would have otherwise gone unused.
For example, let us assume that 11,600 Employment Second preference numbers are available in a calendar quarter. There is heavy Employment Second preference demand by China-mainland born and India applicants; however, each country is oversubscribed and would ordinarily be limited to about 800 of the available numbers due to the prorating provisions of INA Section 202(e). Applicants from other countries that have not yet reached their per-country limit have reported a total demand of 6,500 numbers. After taking the worldwide demand into account, it is determined that as a result of the China-mainland born and India per-country limits only 8,100 of the total available Employment Second preference numbers would be used in that quarter. In this instance, the otherwise unused 3,500 numbers could then be made available to China-mainland born and India regardless of their per-country limits. Should that occur, the same cut-off date would be applied to each country, since numbers must be provided strictly in priority date order regardless of chargeability. In this instance, greater number use by one country would indicate a higher rate of demand by applicants from that country with earlier priority dates.
This is simply the explanation as to why will EB2 India get a huge number and not so much for EB2 China (so when year end statistics come out, there would not be too much noise about why EB2 India got several thousands of visa numbers more than any other category).
Indication that EB2 India will get huge numbers...this is just explanation as to why:)
INA Section 202(a)(5)(A), added by the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act (AC21), provides that if total demand will be insufficient to use all available numbers in a particular Employment preference category in a calendar quarter, then the otherwise unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual per-country limits. This provision helps to assure that all available Employment preference numbers may be used. In recent years, the application of Section 202(a)(5)(A) has occasionally allowed oversubscribed countries such as China-mainland born and India to utilize large quantities of Employment First and Second preference numbers that would have otherwise gone unused.
For example, let us assume that 11,600 Employment Second preference numbers are available in a calendar quarter. There is heavy Employment Second preference demand by China-mainland born and India applicants; however, each country is oversubscribed and would ordinarily be limited to about 800 of the available numbers due to the prorating provisions of INA Section 202(e). Applicants from other countries that have not yet reached their per-country limit have reported a total demand of 6,500 numbers. After taking the worldwide demand into account, it is determined that as a result of the China-mainland born and India per-country limits only 8,100 of the total available Employment Second preference numbers would be used in that quarter. In this instance, the otherwise unused 3,500 numbers could then be made available to China-mainland born and India regardless of their per-country limits. Should that occur, the same cut-off date would be applied to each country, since numbers must be provided strictly in priority date order regardless of chargeability. In this instance, greater number use by one country would indicate a higher rate of demand by applicants from that country with earlier priority dates.
This is simply the explanation as to why will EB2 India get a huge number and not so much for EB2 China (so when year end statistics come out, there would not be too much noise about why EB2 India got several thousands of visa numbers more than any other category).
Indication that EB2 India will get huge numbers...this is just explanation as to why:)
No comments:
Post a Comment