ramus
07-02 06:13 PM
Why we just have $300 contribution so far when we have 1500 members online.. Lets put this thred in every thread..
Pappu, can we put this thread on home page..
Pappu, can we put this thread on home page..
wallpaper and water bottle labels
varshadas
01-25 10:00 AM
Date: Saturday, January 27, 2007
Start Time: 10:00 AM Eastern Std Time
End Time: 10:40 AM Eastern Std Time
Dial-in Number: 1-605-725-1900 (South Dakota)
Organizer Access Code: *938581 (you must include the leading star key)
Participant Access Code 34645
Thanks,
Varsha
Start Time: 10:00 AM Eastern Std Time
End Time: 10:40 AM Eastern Std Time
Dial-in Number: 1-605-725-1900 (South Dakota)
Organizer Access Code: *938581 (you must include the leading star key)
Participant Access Code 34645
Thanks,
Varsha
rajagram
02-12 07:36 AM
Hi
I am regular reader of immigration voice as well, I am also able to pick some people from Hotel and drop them back to Hotel on advocacy days.
I am regular reader of immigration voice as well, I am also able to pick some people from Hotel and drop them back to Hotel on advocacy days.
2011 house water bottle labels for
optimystic
03-22 09:51 PM
Optimystic!
Did you see any LUDs on your 485 over the past few months?
Thanks,
The latest LUDS on our 485s were around Dec 17 2007. That was around the time we got our AP. No other updates after that.
Did you see any LUDs on your 485 over the past few months?
Thanks,
The latest LUDS on our 485s were around Dec 17 2007. That was around the time we got our AP. No other updates after that.
more...
GCOP
07-11 02:07 PM
How many applications are pending for EB-3 (I). ?
Currently the tunnel is closed at the end for EB-3 :mad: and the only way out I see is for us EB-3 folks to dig through. No one cares about EB-3 I folks. That's the way I see it.
Currently the tunnel is closed at the end for EB-3 :mad: and the only way out I see is for us EB-3 folks to dig through. No one cares about EB-3 I folks. That's the way I see it.
perm2gc
01-10 06:03 PM
volunteers to post in those above listed forums and sites
I started to post in those forums.Will update as i post.
I started to post in those forums.Will update as i post.
more...
addsf345
12-10 07:49 PM
you hit the nail ... this is the biggest reason ...We are just too many and everyone wants to come to US
don't you think that working towards removing unfair country quota in skilled category would be faster & easier than population control?
Now that you are enlighted about being one among too many, are you planning to go back, and reduce backlog for others?
Also, when talking about reducing indian population, I hope that you do not agree with what 10 pakistanis tried to do in mumbai few days back!!! That is one very bad way of reducing population! I would prefer load balancing i.e. moving some ppl to part of world where population is not so much. This is called immigration.
Jokes apart, we need to seriously highlight the fact that as there is no country quota in H1B, since it is a skilled category visa, similarly there should be no country quota in skill based immigration too. We are given visas as their industry need us, but they do not care if we suffer for years. It is nothing but simply 'DESCRIMINATION" based on country of birth.
Ask this question: Is it a crime to be born in certain country? Do we all have choice to do so? If it is not a crime, why we are being punished?
Do we have guts to fight that??? we can only talk about some stupid solutions like control indian population and in just next 100 years there will be no retrogression for indians. Some one would also suggest indians must not to study and remain uneducated, so you won't come here under skilled quota and voila - no retrogression!!! but the fact is, we have no unity, no guts and no willingness to stand up for our community. IV is the only effort I have seen in years in right direction.
don't you think that working towards removing unfair country quota in skilled category would be faster & easier than population control?
Now that you are enlighted about being one among too many, are you planning to go back, and reduce backlog for others?
Also, when talking about reducing indian population, I hope that you do not agree with what 10 pakistanis tried to do in mumbai few days back!!! That is one very bad way of reducing population! I would prefer load balancing i.e. moving some ppl to part of world where population is not so much. This is called immigration.
Jokes apart, we need to seriously highlight the fact that as there is no country quota in H1B, since it is a skilled category visa, similarly there should be no country quota in skill based immigration too. We are given visas as their industry need us, but they do not care if we suffer for years. It is nothing but simply 'DESCRIMINATION" based on country of birth.
Ask this question: Is it a crime to be born in certain country? Do we all have choice to do so? If it is not a crime, why we are being punished?
Do we have guts to fight that??? we can only talk about some stupid solutions like control indian population and in just next 100 years there will be no retrogression for indians. Some one would also suggest indians must not to study and remain uneducated, so you won't come here under skilled quota and voila - no retrogression!!! but the fact is, we have no unity, no guts and no willingness to stand up for our community. IV is the only effort I have seen in years in right direction.
2010 makeup The water bottle labels
BharatPremi
07-10 12:24 AM
That really makes Sense, I believe USCIS/DOS are smart agencies, and wont do those kind of silly mistakes.. No. all above numbers already includes CPs.. CP is not GOD sent different pious product :)
more...
ssdtm
01-31 03:15 PM
What if the H4 candidate recieves H1 but decides not to start a job at all. What will be his/her status in that case? H4 or H1?
hair girlfriend water bottle labels
mariner5555
03-04 05:27 AM
Instead of criticizing the idea, please submit your votes!
Only 300 odd people sent flowers to the USCIS and we know it worked. This site has a lot of one time visitors so don't expect 25000 votes, but it does not mean this idea is crappy. Heck, I want to buy a house myself, but I cannot even think about borrowing 300k+ when I may be asked to leave the country on a day's notice (remember no time between jobs when you are on H1B).
I agree with the above !! an idea is like a spark ..once one media picks this up others will follow and you never know what it leads to. opposing an idea is Worse than doing nothing. BTW the way things are going ...GC may soon lose its grand appeal (it will still be in huge demand though ). the following article is a must read - if you have few minutes to spare --written by prominent economist. maybe a worst case scenario --but as scary as a horror movie
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/tragedy-recession-its-bad-ending/story.aspx?guid=%7B5D72D7E3%2D76BB%2D4CAB%2DB4D0%2 D60F87DA734B7%7D&dist=MostReadHome
Only 300 odd people sent flowers to the USCIS and we know it worked. This site has a lot of one time visitors so don't expect 25000 votes, but it does not mean this idea is crappy. Heck, I want to buy a house myself, but I cannot even think about borrowing 300k+ when I may be asked to leave the country on a day's notice (remember no time between jobs when you are on H1B).
I agree with the above !! an idea is like a spark ..once one media picks this up others will follow and you never know what it leads to. opposing an idea is Worse than doing nothing. BTW the way things are going ...GC may soon lose its grand appeal (it will still be in huge demand though ). the following article is a must read - if you have few minutes to spare --written by prominent economist. maybe a worst case scenario --but as scary as a horror movie
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/tragedy-recession-its-bad-ending/story.aspx?guid=%7B5D72D7E3%2D76BB%2D4CAB%2DB4D0%2 D60F87DA734B7%7D&dist=MostReadHome
more...
himu73
07-03 11:31 AM
If for a moment we say USCIS has really increased the processing rate and more people are getting green cards which we see is the case. It may signal that on Oct 1st,2007 dates will move ahead of what was the scenario in May visa bulletin.
If we forget the mistake they did in July bulletin and see the brighter side that they process faster, we should hold back our applications now and wait for the scenario on Oct 1st 2007, which would be hopefully a give a good realistic forward movement in dates. Since receipt date is important we should not get emotional and send in the application. This is just a thought.
Making Current in July was anyway like a lottery which denied all calculations based on pending cases.Before getting into law suits and protests which are also needed we have to take stock of all the implications and whether we really can provide 100% to these efforts.
From the posts coming since yesterday, most of the members are agitated and it seems we fail to realize that this event itself was a miscalculation and all of us were trying to get benefit of it considering the long waits we have endured for just getting a chance to file AOS.
We also knew that even if the applications are accepted there was no way we can get our green cards for a long time. AC21 and EAD for spouse was the main aim of many applicants.
This is really a sad story of people who have sacrificed career prospects, faced family separation, made important decisions like marraige.
Hope this post makes sense and we take a step back and reconsider our actions. This is not out of fear but past experience of lawsuits explained in other posts.
Lets contribute... We have big day ahead of us..
If we forget the mistake they did in July bulletin and see the brighter side that they process faster, we should hold back our applications now and wait for the scenario on Oct 1st 2007, which would be hopefully a give a good realistic forward movement in dates. Since receipt date is important we should not get emotional and send in the application. This is just a thought.
Making Current in July was anyway like a lottery which denied all calculations based on pending cases.Before getting into law suits and protests which are also needed we have to take stock of all the implications and whether we really can provide 100% to these efforts.
From the posts coming since yesterday, most of the members are agitated and it seems we fail to realize that this event itself was a miscalculation and all of us were trying to get benefit of it considering the long waits we have endured for just getting a chance to file AOS.
We also knew that even if the applications are accepted there was no way we can get our green cards for a long time. AC21 and EAD for spouse was the main aim of many applicants.
This is really a sad story of people who have sacrificed career prospects, faced family separation, made important decisions like marraige.
Hope this post makes sense and we take a step back and reconsider our actions. This is not out of fear but past experience of lawsuits explained in other posts.
Lets contribute... We have big day ahead of us..
hot Labels - Water Bottle
sanju
10-20 02:21 PM
well said.. but wait a minute.. why are we all debating.. we dont have voting rights... :D:D:D.. but whoever thinks mccain is the savior... god help them
Look, no one is saying that McCain is the savior, but at the same time, it is important for us to understand that Obama is not the light at the end of the tunnel, its the fast approaching train towards us. So, some of us are just pointing to others that be prepared for the train wreck. That does not necessarily translate into saying that McCain is the savior. It just means what it means.
And you are right, none of us can vote. But if this community supports Obama, its like 300 million Americans voting for the President who works against the interest of majority of Americans. Won't we also be guided by the "misguided" ideology and rhetoric if we act in the same manner.
The irony of the situation is, we are caught between the rock and the hard place. Some of us are saying its better to stay on rocks, others are preaching that its better to be caught in the hard place. That's all.
.
Look, no one is saying that McCain is the savior, but at the same time, it is important for us to understand that Obama is not the light at the end of the tunnel, its the fast approaching train towards us. So, some of us are just pointing to others that be prepared for the train wreck. That does not necessarily translate into saying that McCain is the savior. It just means what it means.
And you are right, none of us can vote. But if this community supports Obama, its like 300 million Americans voting for the President who works against the interest of majority of Americans. Won't we also be guided by the "misguided" ideology and rhetoric if we act in the same manner.
The irony of the situation is, we are caught between the rock and the hard place. Some of us are saying its better to stay on rocks, others are preaching that its better to be caught in the hard place. That's all.
.
more...
house Water Bottle Label Baby Shower
harsh
12-12 04:54 PM
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=7dc68f236e16e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=7dc68f236e16e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190a RCRD
All of the documents in this link are written by
"Micheal Aytes /s/,
Acting Associate Director, Domestic Operations
U.S. of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security"
I wonder if he is the person we should be talking to. Although the document does not indicate which city he works in. He should at leats be able to tell us who in USCIS makes these decisions if he is not the right person.
Also I was not able to find anything about not allowing concurrently to file 140/485 applications. Where was this information published? Does anyone know?
All of the documents in this link are written by
"Micheal Aytes /s/,
Acting Associate Director, Domestic Operations
U.S. of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security"
I wonder if he is the person we should be talking to. Although the document does not indicate which city he works in. He should at leats be able to tell us who in USCIS makes these decisions if he is not the right person.
Also I was not able to find anything about not allowing concurrently to file 140/485 applications. Where was this information published? Does anyone know?
tattoo Baby Shower Water Bottle
saurav_4096
07-15 10:10 PM
Somehow I have feeling the case in this thread in more fake then real...
:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
more...
pictures 60 BEAUTIFUL WATER BOTTLE
sertasheep
07-04 01:24 AM
Hello Veeru,
Your questions not frivolous. We will keep members updated on our course of action.
More than anything else, we require our members to stand by us, and create awareness in the community.
Thank you for your patience, and faith in us.
On behalf of Core IV team
I have great respect for some of the core members i know. They have done lot of work to make this forum successful. But i always think that you can increase participation if you make things more clear and take comments in a positive way.
I am sure many guest members or other frequent visitors to IV website get the impression that there is always a fund drive for something or the other on the IV Website homepage and there is always a target amount which never seems to be met.
I understand that there are expenses to maintain the website etc, but here we are talking about fund drive for lawsuit. Sometimes I wonder what will happen if you can not collect $5000 so will you wait to file a lawsuit until you collect $5000? May it will be too late then. What if you collect only say $4000? How do you decide these arbitrary numbers?
Are you planning for a separate litigation from that of AILF? How will you complement the effort by AILF with money?
Hey, who am I to ask these questions! These are some of the questions on behalf of hundreds of members who need to know more to actively participate to make it a success. There is no reason you should take it in a negative way.
Veeru
I will sleep less stupid tonight!!
Your questions not frivolous. We will keep members updated on our course of action.
More than anything else, we require our members to stand by us, and create awareness in the community.
Thank you for your patience, and faith in us.
On behalf of Core IV team
I have great respect for some of the core members i know. They have done lot of work to make this forum successful. But i always think that you can increase participation if you make things more clear and take comments in a positive way.
I am sure many guest members or other frequent visitors to IV website get the impression that there is always a fund drive for something or the other on the IV Website homepage and there is always a target amount which never seems to be met.
I understand that there are expenses to maintain the website etc, but here we are talking about fund drive for lawsuit. Sometimes I wonder what will happen if you can not collect $5000 so will you wait to file a lawsuit until you collect $5000? May it will be too late then. What if you collect only say $4000? How do you decide these arbitrary numbers?
Are you planning for a separate litigation from that of AILF? How will you complement the effort by AILF with money?
Hey, who am I to ask these questions! These are some of the questions on behalf of hundreds of members who need to know more to actively participate to make it a success. There is no reason you should take it in a negative way.
Veeru
I will sleep less stupid tonight!!
dresses Finally the aby shower has
willigetagc
08-23 09:56 AM
Hi, I hope somebody helps in my dilemma.
I am currently on an L1A visa. I heard that my main office (where I am now working) is closing the foreign office where I come from. Based on L1 requirements and facts, it states that once the subsidiary closes, my L1 becomes invalid. Given this, the company is willing to sponsor my green card as soon as possible. It will probably still take a year before the subsidiary officially closes. What are my options? If they have to close the company while my green card is being process, would it be cancelled ?
Thanks.
Tricky situation, many permutations. Check with a lawyer.
But I think if you file for I-140 asap you can lock in the PD. When that becomes current (chances are good if you are not from India/China) you can file for I-485, get your EAD+AP and continue working on the EAD.
Other option is to apply for a H1B change of status on the FIRST day the USCIS starts accepting applications. If you get approval, then it kicks in Oct 01, 2009. The odds of getting an approval are approximately 1 in 2. On the flip-side, you might have to restart your GC process and get a labor certification first.
I am currently on an L1A visa. I heard that my main office (where I am now working) is closing the foreign office where I come from. Based on L1 requirements and facts, it states that once the subsidiary closes, my L1 becomes invalid. Given this, the company is willing to sponsor my green card as soon as possible. It will probably still take a year before the subsidiary officially closes. What are my options? If they have to close the company while my green card is being process, would it be cancelled ?
Thanks.
Tricky situation, many permutations. Check with a lawyer.
But I think if you file for I-140 asap you can lock in the PD. When that becomes current (chances are good if you are not from India/China) you can file for I-485, get your EAD+AP and continue working on the EAD.
Other option is to apply for a H1B change of status on the FIRST day the USCIS starts accepting applications. If you get approval, then it kicks in Oct 01, 2009. The odds of getting an approval are approximately 1 in 2. On the flip-side, you might have to restart your GC process and get a labor certification first.
more...
makeup Mod Green Baby Shower Water
snathan
06-10 04:11 PM
Done...
girlfriend Baby Shower Water Bottle
vishwak
02-09 01:49 PM
What exactly is this???
hairstyles +water+ottle+labels+
amitjoey
01-18 11:48 AM
Guys, this is the time to show the core group that we are a bunch of people thankful that there is IV to help us fight this fight.
We need to stand united and raise awareness and sign up for the $20minimum a month recurring contribution.
I understand that some of you do intend to contribute and have contributed generously in the past,
But here are some mindsets, All of us fall in these 4 mindsets.
1) you probably think "why should I sign up for a monthly recurring contribution program". I am a generous contributor and I contribute almost monthly anyways.
2) I have contributed enough.
3) I will contribute if I feel like, when I see something comming out of this effort.
4) I do not have to contribute.
If you are in category 1).I can tell you, I understand because I have been a generous contributer in the past. But guys, the reason I signed up for a monthly recurring contribution is that it helps IV know that 'X' amount of funds are guaranted every month, this way they can better plan.
Category 2) Contributed enough - Okay why dont just sign up for a minimum amount of $20/month once more. What is enough is not enough.
Category 3) This has been discussed, I do not want to talk about this category of members.
Category 4) Again - No Comments-
Lets show the core team that all of us fall in the first 2 categories.
The last thing we want the core to do is bite their fingers over funds. We want do not want the core to get stressed out over funds. They have enough real work to do already.
Inspite of being a serious team player, and a generous contributor it took me two days to sign up for the recurring monthly contribution program, so I give all of the ones that have not set up a monthly recurring contribution benefit of doubt. But this is our last chance, I urge you to be one of the 1000 people we need for this effort.
We need to stand united and raise awareness and sign up for the $20minimum a month recurring contribution.
I understand that some of you do intend to contribute and have contributed generously in the past,
But here are some mindsets, All of us fall in these 4 mindsets.
1) you probably think "why should I sign up for a monthly recurring contribution program". I am a generous contributor and I contribute almost monthly anyways.
2) I have contributed enough.
3) I will contribute if I feel like, when I see something comming out of this effort.
4) I do not have to contribute.
If you are in category 1).I can tell you, I understand because I have been a generous contributer in the past. But guys, the reason I signed up for a monthly recurring contribution is that it helps IV know that 'X' amount of funds are guaranted every month, this way they can better plan.
Category 2) Contributed enough - Okay why dont just sign up for a minimum amount of $20/month once more. What is enough is not enough.
Category 3) This has been discussed, I do not want to talk about this category of members.
Category 4) Again - No Comments-
Lets show the core team that all of us fall in the first 2 categories.
The last thing we want the core to do is bite their fingers over funds. We want do not want the core to get stressed out over funds. They have enough real work to do already.
Inspite of being a serious team player, and a generous contributor it took me two days to sign up for the recurring monthly contribution program, so I give all of the ones that have not set up a monthly recurring contribution benefit of doubt. But this is our last chance, I urge you to be one of the 1000 people we need for this effort.
rajuram
01-28 11:00 AM
In the new year, I have not seen any posts expalining how IV is "working" on resolving our issues. All that is posted now is requests for money. I know more money is needed and would be glad to contribute, if only the senior members show that some serious efforts are being made in the background. Yes IV did do very good work last year, but that is history now; but what work is going on now, nobody knows. Don't need details, but even broad details will help. Is something being done for appropriation bills, no one knows or tells.
For example, after the elections no attempts virtually no attempts have been done to do webfax campaign tragetted towards pro-immigration inclined politicians. No lists have been made of such politicians. Just by waking up few days before the bills are discussed is not going to help.
Rajuram
You got couple of things wrong here. Passing a legislation is not a piece
of cake. It would take sometimes years persistent effort. Contributing
a few hundred or even a thousand dollars and expecting everything to be
changed would be too ridiculous. Several tech lobbies are also lobbying
hard for similar things. And they spend money in millions. Any man with commonsense could understand how difficult things if those powerful business could not take care this.
Now u may ask, if these tech lobbies cannot take care of it how could a small group like us do it? Last year when CIR was passed in the senate, there was a catch int. It would have imposed hard country quota. With IVs work we were able to remove that hard cap clause from the bill. The bottom line is that we may not be able to pass a huge bill, but we could get sevearl smaller bills in peacemeals that would help our cause.
If we keep on working on it, eventually some doors will open for us. But nobody is not sure when thats going to happen. So here is my take on this whole drama. I'll support IV for next 3 years. And if nothing happens I'll pack my bags. :D :D :D
Now good luck on your GC
For example, after the elections no attempts virtually no attempts have been done to do webfax campaign tragetted towards pro-immigration inclined politicians. No lists have been made of such politicians. Just by waking up few days before the bills are discussed is not going to help.
Rajuram
You got couple of things wrong here. Passing a legislation is not a piece
of cake. It would take sometimes years persistent effort. Contributing
a few hundred or even a thousand dollars and expecting everything to be
changed would be too ridiculous. Several tech lobbies are also lobbying
hard for similar things. And they spend money in millions. Any man with commonsense could understand how difficult things if those powerful business could not take care this.
Now u may ask, if these tech lobbies cannot take care of it how could a small group like us do it? Last year when CIR was passed in the senate, there was a catch int. It would have imposed hard country quota. With IVs work we were able to remove that hard cap clause from the bill. The bottom line is that we may not be able to pass a huge bill, but we could get sevearl smaller bills in peacemeals that would help our cause.
If we keep on working on it, eventually some doors will open for us. But nobody is not sure when thats going to happen. So here is my take on this whole drama. I'll support IV for next 3 years. And if nothing happens I'll pack my bags. :D :D :D
Now good luck on your GC
ronhira
02-08 08:33 PM
Frankly I think that this lawyer is just posting provocative material to make himself popular. He has made many predictions and number of "useful" analysis in the past, most of which were found to be untrue. I used to read his posts until recently I figured out that the analysis was unreliable. This is just my opinion.
agree 100%
agree 100%
No comments:
Post a Comment