
sbmallik
07-23 01:55 PM
In the stated situation, I would opt for changing the I-485 case to consular processing.
wallpaper Todo+Mundo+Odeia+o+Chris+1%C2%
pcjandyala
07-23 10:48 AM
Rayyan,
It's always better to change the name in the passport (contact Passport office/Indian Embessy near by you) reflecting correctly when you have time now Otherwise it's really create problems in future either in GC or traveling to other countries etc.
Please look for procedure on Indian Embessy web site (if you are in USA) otherwise passport website in india.
My 2 cents
Thanks
It's always better to change the name in the passport (contact Passport office/Indian Embessy near by you) reflecting correctly when you have time now Otherwise it's really create problems in future either in GC or traveling to other countries etc.
Please look for procedure on Indian Embessy web site (if you are in USA) otherwise passport website in india.
My 2 cents
Thanks
WillIBLucky
12-13 12:58 PM
That was my thought process too. If the immigration systems is corrected then I believe EB3 and EB2 will become current. Then it does not make a difference. Even late 90's the retrogression was there for both Eb2 and Eb3. IN 1999 they opened up for Y2K and then again retrogressed in 2001-2002 I believe. But again after that it was all current till the current retrogression.
Given the gross uncertainity about retrogression and GC, I would not give undue importance to the GC timeline factor. Eventually job / skills are more important than the distant GC.
I was in a similar situation a few months back. I abandoned my GC process with my former employer for a new and much more promising job. I am yet to start the GC process with the new employer. For me JOB was the deciding factor.
My reasoning was simple:
In the current scenario with a broken immigration system if we are to maintain our sanity and move on in our careers he, we have to stop thinking that GC is above everything. Work on it as much as you can, but do not trade it in for good career moves.
Do what you feel is best for you and what you can make peace with. My 2 cents..
Given the gross uncertainity about retrogression and GC, I would not give undue importance to the GC timeline factor. Eventually job / skills are more important than the distant GC.
I was in a similar situation a few months back. I abandoned my GC process with my former employer for a new and much more promising job. I am yet to start the GC process with the new employer. For me JOB was the deciding factor.
My reasoning was simple:
In the current scenario with a broken immigration system if we are to maintain our sanity and move on in our careers he, we have to stop thinking that GC is above everything. Work on it as much as you can, but do not trade it in for good career moves.
Do what you feel is best for you and what you can make peace with. My 2 cents..
2011 Todo Mundo Odeia o Chris 4º temporada Todo mundo Odeia Bolo ( Parte 1)
dipu76
06-02 12:39 AM
If GC LCA salary is more than it is well planned by the employer. If you run away, at the time of GC you need to show a job with that higher salary other wise you may loose GC.
Usually GC LCA salary is kept low. If some mishap happen, is will be easier to find a job with lower salary.
good point... is the employer supposed to share the labor information with us?
Usually GC LCA salary is kept low. If some mishap happen, is will be easier to find a job with lower salary.
good point... is the employer supposed to share the labor information with us?
more...
TEKNMEK
02-10 12:55 AM
Thanks everybody for your suggestions. Unfortunately canada is not a option. I have sent an email to Chennai consulate for emergency appointment request. Have to wait and see how it goes. Will update you all with any information I find out.
Thanks
Thanks
glus
03-19 11:47 AM
My LCA was approved in July 2007.
My lawyer sent the I-14 application to USCIS in January 2008 before the 180 day period but my employer dated the USCIS fee check as 2005.
The USCIS returned the application asking us to re-send the application with a new check.
My lawyer sent the application again with a new check but by the time this application reached USCIS the 180 day period was over and USCIS returned the application again stating that my 180 period is over and they cannot accept the I-140 application now.
I am in the process of filing a fresh Labor Cert again. I guess now I will get a priority date of July 2008 and therefore I am losing 1 whole year in this process.
Is there a way out and will USCIS accept my application? The bad part here is the first application sent was before time but the check date was wrong.
All suggestions are highly appreciated.
Legally, USCIS can not accept an I140 with an expired Labor. If they do so, they will only do that under very unusual circumstances. For example, mail was lost etc. It is going to be hard to get I140 receipted if labor is expired by even one day :-(.
My lawyer sent the I-14 application to USCIS in January 2008 before the 180 day period but my employer dated the USCIS fee check as 2005.
The USCIS returned the application asking us to re-send the application with a new check.
My lawyer sent the application again with a new check but by the time this application reached USCIS the 180 day period was over and USCIS returned the application again stating that my 180 period is over and they cannot accept the I-140 application now.
I am in the process of filing a fresh Labor Cert again. I guess now I will get a priority date of July 2008 and therefore I am losing 1 whole year in this process.
Is there a way out and will USCIS accept my application? The bad part here is the first application sent was before time but the check date was wrong.
All suggestions are highly appreciated.
Legally, USCIS can not accept an I140 with an expired Labor. If they do so, they will only do that under very unusual circumstances. For example, mail was lost etc. It is going to be hard to get I140 receipted if labor is expired by even one day :-(.
more...
babu123
08-20 03:41 PM
Call 1-800-375-5283
options 1 2 2 6 2 2 1
At level 1, tell you didnt received receipt nbr and check not encashed.
You will be transfered to level 2. The officer at level 2 has access to check the name status.
Myself and my wife got the information. But some of my friends are not receiving the information. Good luck
options 1 2 2 6 2 2 1
At level 1, tell you didnt received receipt nbr and check not encashed.
You will be transfered to level 2. The officer at level 2 has access to check the name status.
Myself and my wife got the information. But some of my friends are not receiving the information. Good luck
2010 Todo Mundo Odeia o Chris
furiouspride
08-03 06:22 PM
When I open this post the AD on the top of the page said "zero calorie noodles" ha ha I could not resist I had to write a few lines...
Dude - Life is too short, eat drink and be merry :p when you become 80 - even if you have 6 peck no one is going to want to look at you :D
(do some workout like fun sports (Gym is for the dedicated ones) to stay active)
Eat drink n be merry is all good. Just that you cant overdo it. O/w you will be on your way out @ 40 or worse yet, will have to deal with diabetes, cholesterol, hypertension etc. in the later part of your life. Key is to eat right and exercise. Cliched I know but I don't see too many people around sticking to this simple rule :)
Dude - Life is too short, eat drink and be merry :p when you become 80 - even if you have 6 peck no one is going to want to look at you :D
(do some workout like fun sports (Gym is for the dedicated ones) to stay active)
Eat drink n be merry is all good. Just that you cant overdo it. O/w you will be on your way out @ 40 or worse yet, will have to deal with diabetes, cholesterol, hypertension etc. in the later part of your life. Key is to eat right and exercise. Cliched I know but I don't see too many people around sticking to this simple rule :)
more...
chrisa
November 16th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Arctic Butterfly works great. I picked one up in Toronto at Henry's after shooting some photos of the CN Tower. Noticed I had a few spots and sure enough they were on the high pass filter. I did attempt to blow the particles off but they were not budging. I decided to deploy the butterfly and it worked just fine. After two passes the dust was gone. I didn't find it a difficult or stressful task and never felt as if I was "at risk" of damaging my camera. My two cents.