sc3
10-16 02:48 PM
I beg to disagree. If it was the visa bulletin, then why did they process newer applications first?. That shows some disorder out there. Even when Amazon breaks up, they set their operations right. Here we are being fed the same story over and over again.
Coming to backlogs, they introduced perm before all the existing labor applications were processed and what happened after that?. All the existing applications were sent to the infamous backlog elimination centers. While those applications were waiting to be picked up, perm applications were being processed left, right and centre.
Firstly: If USCIS was reacting, they would not have approved the so called "newer" applications. USCIS had to use up the numbers so they took the path of least resistance -- not the right thing to do -- but it can't be branded as a "reaction" to the July 07 issue.
Second: When you say "approving" newer applications, are you saying approving older applications by PD or older applications by RD/ND (with older being 3-4 year older RD/PD)?? USCIS has never had to process applications by PD, only factor they have is RD/ND. PD just tells when someone can be approved (or apply), it doesn't get you any priority in the processing queue. I am sure you dont want the situation where you have your later PD, earlier RD, but someone who chose to delay his app to come with an ancient PD, but a fresh RD to get processed ahead of you (when both of you are current) do you?
I am bit out of touch, but isn't PERM/BEC a DoL operation not USCIS. Then again, those were the factors you have no control. Even when it was just the Labor Cert process, there had been disparities between various processing centers. Some people made use of provisions (sometimes fraudulently) to get their LCs through these "fast" process centers. I too have been affected by the Perm/LC situation, but I don't think USCIS is to take blame on that.
Am I defending USCIS: No, I am just saying if people want a Flower campaign, they should go ahead with it. No point putting FUD to stop people from doing what they want.
Coming to backlogs, they introduced perm before all the existing labor applications were processed and what happened after that?. All the existing applications were sent to the infamous backlog elimination centers. While those applications were waiting to be picked up, perm applications were being processed left, right and centre.
Firstly: If USCIS was reacting, they would not have approved the so called "newer" applications. USCIS had to use up the numbers so they took the path of least resistance -- not the right thing to do -- but it can't be branded as a "reaction" to the July 07 issue.
Second: When you say "approving" newer applications, are you saying approving older applications by PD or older applications by RD/ND (with older being 3-4 year older RD/PD)?? USCIS has never had to process applications by PD, only factor they have is RD/ND. PD just tells when someone can be approved (or apply), it doesn't get you any priority in the processing queue. I am sure you dont want the situation where you have your later PD, earlier RD, but someone who chose to delay his app to come with an ancient PD, but a fresh RD to get processed ahead of you (when both of you are current) do you?
I am bit out of touch, but isn't PERM/BEC a DoL operation not USCIS. Then again, those were the factors you have no control. Even when it was just the Labor Cert process, there had been disparities between various processing centers. Some people made use of provisions (sometimes fraudulently) to get their LCs through these "fast" process centers. I too have been affected by the Perm/LC situation, but I don't think USCIS is to take blame on that.
Am I defending USCIS: No, I am just saying if people want a Flower campaign, they should go ahead with it. No point putting FUD to stop people from doing what they want.
wallpaper Wallpapers · 3D/Abstract Night
ItIsNotFunny
10-16 10:23 AM
I think you don't understand. USCIS has no control over the Visa bulletin. The reason India EB3 is doomed because of the percountry limitations set by DOS.
Congress need to change that rule not USCIS.
Know your facts before suggesting something that doesn't work!!!
I still don't believe that USCIS has no say in spill over - think again :)
Congress need to change that rule not USCIS.
Know your facts before suggesting something that doesn't work!!!
I still don't believe that USCIS has no say in spill over - think again :)
bestia
01-19 03:54 PM
Its a matter of interpretation. Cops are not lawyers and neither am I. Arguing simply makes matters worse. None the less, you can argue as much as you want but if the cop has one on his mind and you have another, it certainly doesn't help your situation.
Of course. Judges are the ones who interpret the laws. Officers just do what they are instructed to do. My point was just out of curiosity, how I think this law is being interpreted.
But of course. My opinion is not only not to argue with officers, but don't even talk to them. When I feel that officer wants some "conversation" with me, my favorite response is "sorry officer, me no understand, no speak english". period. Smile to his face, keep saying "sorry". Don't show any extra document - just only what is required, nothing extra. Officer can be asking any questions, just hand him business card of your lawyer, say "my lawyer, talk him". as worse English you will use, as better it will be for you. My experience.
When I first entered United States I was kept at secondary check for 4 hours (1999, IAD, Virginia). They kept asking me all kinda questions, it was no end. Finally I got pissed, I said "Sorry, I don't speak English good" and started playing with them. I took my dictionary and starting looking up every word. My next answer took 5 minutes. In next 5 minutes a woman walked to me, handed my documents and said "Welcome to America".
Of course. Judges are the ones who interpret the laws. Officers just do what they are instructed to do. My point was just out of curiosity, how I think this law is being interpreted.
But of course. My opinion is not only not to argue with officers, but don't even talk to them. When I feel that officer wants some "conversation" with me, my favorite response is "sorry officer, me no understand, no speak english". period. Smile to his face, keep saying "sorry". Don't show any extra document - just only what is required, nothing extra. Officer can be asking any questions, just hand him business card of your lawyer, say "my lawyer, talk him". as worse English you will use, as better it will be for you. My experience.
When I first entered United States I was kept at secondary check for 4 hours (1999, IAD, Virginia). They kept asking me all kinda questions, it was no end. Finally I got pissed, I said "Sorry, I don't speak English good" and started playing with them. I took my dictionary and starting looking up every word. My next answer took 5 minutes. In next 5 minutes a woman walked to me, handed my documents and said "Welcome to America".
2011 images Sci-Fi wallpaper pack
GCMan007
05-08 10:44 PM
Hi
After long haul of almost 5 years , today I got the approval email for my 485 filed in June - 2007.I guess my wife's case should be approved soon.Last when spoke to TCS IO , I was told that biometrics is needed in my case but still they can approve & later send me the notice. I guess only after that I might get the physical card.
Had anyone experienced this scenario ?
Anyways I want to thank everyone on this forum,immigration portals, folks & every other support that I have got in this long process.
I will always be there for everyone on this forum or in any other way I can help to every legal immigrant who is waiting for the Green Card.
Thanks a lot
Priority date - 05/2003
140 approved - 10/2006 from TSC
485,131,765 RD-6/04/2007 at TSC, notices received - 06/07/2007
CA, EB2
Wife's case returned due to some error,send it again & received on 06/17/2007 as per Fedex
Wife's case RD- 7/10/2007
I131,I765 approved for both -Nov 2007
I485 approval mail - 04/24/08 - Myself
Waiting for spouse approval, physical Cards
Congrats Dude!
My PD is EB2- Dec 2003, but my RD is Aug 2nd, 07. TSC currently procsses June end 485 applications. Do they pick application for process purely on RD? Considering large # of applications filed during July 07' ,do I have to wait for long time to see my magic email..?
After long haul of almost 5 years , today I got the approval email for my 485 filed in June - 2007.I guess my wife's case should be approved soon.Last when spoke to TCS IO , I was told that biometrics is needed in my case but still they can approve & later send me the notice. I guess only after that I might get the physical card.
Had anyone experienced this scenario ?
Anyways I want to thank everyone on this forum,immigration portals, folks & every other support that I have got in this long process.
I will always be there for everyone on this forum or in any other way I can help to every legal immigrant who is waiting for the Green Card.
Thanks a lot
Priority date - 05/2003
140 approved - 10/2006 from TSC
485,131,765 RD-6/04/2007 at TSC, notices received - 06/07/2007
CA, EB2
Wife's case returned due to some error,send it again & received on 06/17/2007 as per Fedex
Wife's case RD- 7/10/2007
I131,I765 approved for both -Nov 2007
I485 approval mail - 04/24/08 - Myself
Waiting for spouse approval, physical Cards
Congrats Dude!
My PD is EB2- Dec 2003, but my RD is Aug 2nd, 07. TSC currently procsses June end 485 applications. Do they pick application for process purely on RD? Considering large # of applications filed during July 07' ,do I have to wait for long time to see my magic email..?
more...
CR1
04-16 08:56 AM
Thanks Vijay. Does anyone else have anything to add?
varshadas
01-22 12:31 PM
Has anyone called the Senator's office yet to schedule an appt. If not, then I will go ahead and call. I am planning to call the NY senators too
Thanks,
Varsha
Thanks,
Varsha
more...
ek_bechara
09-10 05:33 PM
Citizenship? LOL... you made my day.
2010 wallpaper New sci fi show from
abstractvision
03-19 01:15 PM
Question on AOS processing based on PD/RD - Currently, EB2 INDIA is Dec 03. Assuming May 08 VB goes to Jan 03 (EB2 INDIA) , will the EB2 INDIA AOS applications with Feb - Dec 03 PDs still get processed??
My understanding is that at the time of approval, priority date of the petition must be in accordance with current visa bulletin for visa number availability.
In short, in my opinion..the answer is NO
My understanding is that at the time of approval, priority date of the petition must be in accordance with current visa bulletin for visa number availability.
In short, in my opinion..the answer is NO
more...
Appu
10-20 05:30 PM
The democrats will take the house by a very large majority and the senate by a less-than-60 vote majority. So if CIR makes a come back republicans will not be in a very strong position to strike a deal on high-skilled immigration. But there are a number of democrats who also support high-skilled immigration. People opposed to H1B and employment-based green card reforms are on both sides of the aisle (Dems Dick Durbin and Byron Dorgan, Republicans Jeff Sessions and Chuck Grassley for example) but hopefully they will remain a minority. It also looks like vocal supporters like Jon Cornyn will win re-election. But Pete Domenici is retiring. So, on the balance, there will be some change but not a drastic change on the legislative side.
Sen Obama is a very pragmatic and thoughtful person. You should know that he was co-sponsor of the PACE Act which, among other things, tried to create a F4 visa and make it very easy for STEM graduates to get green cards. There is absolutely no need to be panicked about a Obama win. Sen McCain, on the other hand, seems to have gone back on many of his immigration promises these last few months. It will be a concern if there is a democratic congress and McCain is in the White House.
Sen Obama is a very pragmatic and thoughtful person. You should know that he was co-sponsor of the PACE Act which, among other things, tried to create a F4 visa and make it very easy for STEM graduates to get green cards. There is absolutely no need to be panicked about a Obama win. Sen McCain, on the other hand, seems to have gone back on many of his immigration promises these last few months. It will be a concern if there is a democratic congress and McCain is in the White House.
hair scifi wallpapers. mine.
StuckInTheMuck
07-28 11:46 AM
Is this thread going anywhere in particular (that is relevant to IV)?
more...
singhsa3
03-04 08:32 AM
Nope you got it wrong!
The message is simple, you got the people with right stuff, standing in the line, waiting for their green cards. Their wait is neither good for them nor good for anyone else.
By the way, nobody is claiming that we all will buy the house, we just are saying that we have the potential. And we want a platform to realize this potential. This is the fact no one can deny.
Every point you are raising , I have answers for that, what will it take me to convince you now?
Exactly. An idea is like a spark, but you have to be mindful of what we are pledging. Can someone in one single sentence write down the intent of this poll? If I understand correctly, the idea is to alert the media/USCIS and let them know that hey if you give us GCs, we will buy a house!
So far people have only voted that they will buy a house when their I-485 gets approved. Yes, but when? The next day, next year, 2010, 2015?
singhsa3/abhijitp/etc. Just write down the idea in one sentence or at least very clearly what it is that we are saying we will do in return for a GC and by when will we deliver on our promise. And then if the idea seems doable or worth pursuing, all of us can support it.
In all reality, this is a far-fetched idea which cannot be legally binding so it would be tough for USCIS to enforce it. Flower campaign worked because USCIS knew they had done something illegal. IV has a tough time getting people here to contribute in return for getting a GC and here we are promising USCIS that we will buy a house in return for a GC. Hmmm...
The message is simple, you got the people with right stuff, standing in the line, waiting for their green cards. Their wait is neither good for them nor good for anyone else.
By the way, nobody is claiming that we all will buy the house, we just are saying that we have the potential. And we want a platform to realize this potential. This is the fact no one can deny.
Every point you are raising , I have answers for that, what will it take me to convince you now?
Exactly. An idea is like a spark, but you have to be mindful of what we are pledging. Can someone in one single sentence write down the intent of this poll? If I understand correctly, the idea is to alert the media/USCIS and let them know that hey if you give us GCs, we will buy a house!
So far people have only voted that they will buy a house when their I-485 gets approved. Yes, but when? The next day, next year, 2010, 2015?
singhsa3/abhijitp/etc. Just write down the idea in one sentence or at least very clearly what it is that we are saying we will do in return for a GC and by when will we deliver on our promise. And then if the idea seems doable or worth pursuing, all of us can support it.
In all reality, this is a far-fetched idea which cannot be legally binding so it would be tough for USCIS to enforce it. Flower campaign worked because USCIS knew they had done something illegal. IV has a tough time getting people here to contribute in return for getting a GC and here we are promising USCIS that we will buy a house in return for a GC. Hmmm...
hot Sci-Fi wallpaper pack
GCard_Dream
09-18 12:23 PM
Did you tell that to John McCain? He still believes that fundamentals of this economy are still very strong. I sometime wonder if he is getting it confused with Chinese economy.
If you have been following the news this week, the economy is really in trouble. Specifically financial and insurance sector. Dow plunged around 900 + points in last 2 days.
If you have been following the news this week, the economy is really in trouble. Specifically financial and insurance sector. Dow plunged around 900 + points in last 2 days.
more...
house Sci Fi Wallpapers - 1.1.5
rajuseattle
07-15 07:14 PM
Thakurji,
Until yesterday you were suggesting your employer asked you to do something which you didnt agree and that forced you to quit him.
today you are changing your version suggesting you are feeling sorry you quit him earlier...what had made this sudden transformation. Anyways thats personal thing between you and your ex-employer.
Anyways we are all happy for the Happy end of this story...that your ex-employer is willing to accept you as employee once he gets you GC and he is going to answer RFE.
I dont think you need any competant attorney now, your ex-employer's attorney should be able to answer the RFE.
cheer up...!!!
Until yesterday you were suggesting your employer asked you to do something which you didnt agree and that forced you to quit him.
today you are changing your version suggesting you are feeling sorry you quit him earlier...what had made this sudden transformation. Anyways thats personal thing between you and your ex-employer.
Anyways we are all happy for the Happy end of this story...that your ex-employer is willing to accept you as employee once he gets you GC and he is going to answer RFE.
I dont think you need any competant attorney now, your ex-employer's attorney should be able to answer the RFE.
cheer up...!!!
tattoo Scifi.dk rating: 5/10
Lucky7
12-13 05:59 AM
I sent a letter earlier this year to one of my Senators here in CA regarding my 2001 LC and the result i got was that the senators secretary checked my case with USICS and sent a letter stating that my green card was approved 2003.
For somebody who is still waiting for LC recruitment instructions this was a total waste of time and money ( donated $5000. to Senator).
Next week my attorney and i and his other LC DBEC clients are going to try and make an appointment with DOL and see if they will comply.
Number 1 point we shall pursue is to make a $5000.00 premium processing for all DBEC pending LC and have guranteed adjudication in 120 days for all LC with current PD.
This way all clients with current PD will obvouisly pay $5000.00 and DBEC can use the extra funds for remaining cases.
For somebody who is still waiting for LC recruitment instructions this was a total waste of time and money ( donated $5000. to Senator).
Next week my attorney and i and his other LC DBEC clients are going to try and make an appointment with DOL and see if they will comply.
Number 1 point we shall pursue is to make a $5000.00 premium processing for all DBEC pending LC and have guranteed adjudication in 120 days for all LC with current PD.
This way all clients with current PD will obvouisly pay $5000.00 and DBEC can use the extra funds for remaining cases.
more...
pictures snag yourself a wallpaper
uma001
10-06 09:11 AM
Congratulations...did you get the client letter to satisfy the new Employer-Employee relationship requirement. Was your H1B approved for just the duration of the project.
I gave purchase order between my employer and vendor. I prepared a letter with description of dutied and give it to lawyer, told him to attach it with the application. No RFEs approved in 15 days. I still need to receive I94 , so dont know how many years its approved.
How can I get client letter before I join in a project?.Its not extension. It is impossible to get letter from client. If you say to the client I need letter because I need it for H1 transfer, they will say 'sorry, we will look for another candidate'..
I gave purchase order between my employer and vendor. I prepared a letter with description of dutied and give it to lawyer, told him to attach it with the application. No RFEs approved in 15 days. I still need to receive I94 , so dont know how many years its approved.
How can I get client letter before I join in a project?.Its not extension. It is impossible to get letter from client. If you say to the client I need letter because I need it for H1 transfer, they will say 'sorry, we will look for another candidate'..
dresses Sci fi wallpapers
reachneel
07-12 05:29 PM
Yup in the same boat :D, hopefully we will cross the gate this time
more...
makeup HD Wallpaper: SciFi Valley
Almond
07-05 01:50 PM
1) Moderators have the ability to delete stuff and the rest of the IV members need to smart up and not answer off-topic questions
2) About PMs. It is up to the receiver of the PM whether to answer it or not. EVEN better NO PM for non paid members :)
Oh, you are just mean now!:p
I think there should be a big a** button on the top of this screen that says "donations for immigration causes" or whatever and those who feel they can afford to do it will do it, otherwise making paid membership a requirement will severely cut down on the number of people coming on here. Makes no difference to me, there is tons of forums like this online. This is my favorite so far though.
2) About PMs. It is up to the receiver of the PM whether to answer it or not. EVEN better NO PM for non paid members :)
Oh, you are just mean now!:p
I think there should be a big a** button on the top of this screen that says "donations for immigration causes" or whatever and those who feel they can afford to do it will do it, otherwise making paid membership a requirement will severely cut down on the number of people coming on here. Makes no difference to me, there is tons of forums like this online. This is my favorite so far though.
girlfriend the upcoming sci-fi sequel
cps060
01-31 04:48 PM
I am actually looking for a very simple answer : My husband whose EB-2 I-140 had been approved some time back, wants to quit his job & pursue MBA on F-1. Would the I-539 be approved in this case ? Or should he plan for H4.
BTW , he has no plans to travel out of country so stamping is not an issue.
BTW , he has no plans to travel out of country so stamping is not an issue.
hairstyles Wallpaper image: Crystal Land,
belmontboy
05-23 05:56 PM
Why we dont like gultis ? - eCharcha.Com (http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18691)
This link might help you understand the different definitions.
get out of your stereotyped moronic attitude.
If Indians cannot respect fellow Indians, how do you expect to be respected by others in this country??
This link might help you understand the different definitions.
get out of your stereotyped moronic attitude.
If Indians cannot respect fellow Indians, how do you expect to be respected by others in this country??
vandanaverdia
09-10 04:16 PM
Done... sent to some students I know... and asked them to spread the word too...
Good job yabadaba...
Good job yabadaba...
snathan
03-11 09:19 PM
If we put the word H1B in the Visa Re-capturing bill, the bill would be doomed. As few have rightly pointed out, it would be taken out of context probably advertised and interpreted as increasing H1B visas.
If we put the words, eliminating per country limits, it would doomed. The CNN headlines would scream "Indians and Chinese are coming".
If we put any changes to the current requirements of I-485 filing, it would be interpreted as diluting the existing laws to import more cheap foreign workers faster. The anti-immigration forces would be all over it like a monkey on a cupcake.
If we keep it simple : Re-capturing unused visa numbers for Employment Based Categories for Foreign Born Professionals already employed in the US legally and in the queue for Permanent Residency, we have a high chance of success.
IV team please start the fund raising for re-capturing visa numbers. Thanks.
Before starting new fund raising...do you consider to contribute for the current drive.
If we put the words, eliminating per country limits, it would doomed. The CNN headlines would scream "Indians and Chinese are coming".
If we put any changes to the current requirements of I-485 filing, it would be interpreted as diluting the existing laws to import more cheap foreign workers faster. The anti-immigration forces would be all over it like a monkey on a cupcake.
If we keep it simple : Re-capturing unused visa numbers for Employment Based Categories for Foreign Born Professionals already employed in the US legally and in the queue for Permanent Residency, we have a high chance of success.
IV team please start the fund raising for re-capturing visa numbers. Thanks.
Before starting new fund raising...do you consider to contribute for the current drive.
No comments:
Post a Comment