saileshdude
09-14 03:24 PM
Looks like contacting senator/congressman is pissing off the IOs and they are issuing the RFEs. I wish now that I did not do either of these. But unfortunately I did so I guess I need to bear the consequences. So I should just expect RFE now. I know quiet a few people who wrote to Senators and got RFEs. I guess people in Jul/Aug really overwhelmed the TSC with Senator calls and now we have to face their wrath.
wallpaper The evolution of tattoos is as

paulavijit
03-17 09:03 AM
Guy you are forgetting the 7% per country quota for issuing GC. Applicants from a particular country can only get 7% of the total GC available in a year.
Total employment based quota per year is 140,000 and 7% of it is 9800. So at the most only 9800 Indians can get GC per year. This count also includes the dependents.
So even if your PD is current and you have filed your I-485 but there may be more than 9800 Indians with the same status and hence only the first 9800 will get GC that year.
There are more than 100,000 primary Indian applicants who have filed their I-485 and assuming a average Indian family size of 3, there are 300,000 who are waiting for GC. Only 9800 can get in a year. So if the law does not change this backlog will finish in more than 30 years.
Total employment based quota per year is 140,000 and 7% of it is 9800. So at the most only 9800 Indians can get GC per year. This count also includes the dependents.
So even if your PD is current and you have filed your I-485 but there may be more than 9800 Indians with the same status and hence only the first 9800 will get GC that year.
There are more than 100,000 primary Indian applicants who have filed their I-485 and assuming a average Indian family size of 3, there are 300,000 who are waiting for GC. Only 9800 can get in a year. So if the law does not change this backlog will finish in more than 30 years.
a_yaja
12-28 03:05 PM
You mean 529? Thanks of telling. I was planning to open an account for my kid's college.
Are you sure they wont let you open an account even if the kid is american citizen by birth?
Your kid has to be a US citizen/ GC holder. You don't need to be either - except tht you need to be a resident of US with SSN (not sure if you need to be a legal resident). I live in Ohio and I opend a 529 for my daughter.
Are you sure they wont let you open an account even if the kid is american citizen by birth?
Your kid has to be a US citizen/ GC holder. You don't need to be either - except tht you need to be a resident of US with SSN (not sure if you need to be a legal resident). I live in Ohio and I opend a 529 for my daughter.
2011 racing tattoos.
imneedy
05-06 04:57 PM
I dont think we should relay on their 15 months time line. Its too late. I am sure in coming 15 months whole immigration system will be changed. May be we will see point based system or something different. And at that time information will be no use. They are smart that is why they gave us 15 months. They will wait for 12 months to Congress to do something and then if nothing happen they will write SQL query in last 3 months.
gc_on_demand, did you or anyone else here got similar letter?
gc_on_demand, did you or anyone else here got similar letter?
more...
jonty_11
06-13 01:37 PM
Can Bush really do it?
Source - www.immigration-law.com
06/12/2007: How Successful Was Bush in Today's Lunch with GOP Leaders in the Hill?
* Senator Sessions reportedly said "Bush Should Back-Off." Additionally, the up-beat statement of the President on the plane to the U.S. from the trip in Europe yesterday and today's speech for the press after the lunch very much speak for itself that he has failed to twist arms of his party leaders to support and move ahead with the dormant compromise CIR bill in the Senate. Report also indicates that the Senate Majority Leader is not ready to change his mind unless Bush assures support from the Respublican Senators and Madam Pelosi, the House Speaker, maintains a position that unless the Senate passes the bill, she would not pick up CIR in the House. The news on Bush's plan to visit the Capitol building today raised hopes high in the CIR support communities and today's news should be certainly a disappointment. Read on.
Source - www.immigration-law.com
06/12/2007: How Successful Was Bush in Today's Lunch with GOP Leaders in the Hill?
* Senator Sessions reportedly said "Bush Should Back-Off." Additionally, the up-beat statement of the President on the plane to the U.S. from the trip in Europe yesterday and today's speech for the press after the lunch very much speak for itself that he has failed to twist arms of his party leaders to support and move ahead with the dormant compromise CIR bill in the Senate. Report also indicates that the Senate Majority Leader is not ready to change his mind unless Bush assures support from the Respublican Senators and Madam Pelosi, the House Speaker, maintains a position that unless the Senate passes the bill, she would not pick up CIR in the House. The news on Bush's plan to visit the Capitol building today raised hopes high in the CIR support communities and today's news should be certainly a disappointment. Read on.

BharatPremi
10-25 11:38 AM
My PD: 07/2*/2003 EB3:INDIA:RIR
more...
reddymjm
09-10 05:45 AM
for eb3 - I think things will be better than what most are expecting. I know that is not enough but atleast it is not hopeless. I guess what most can do is hope for best and be ready for worst. this is why I feel it will be better
-------------
my feeling is this - dates will move faster than what most are predicting - the reason is simple --more and more spillover. the fee increases has been a blessing in disguise and that coupled with recession, means that less visas are being used in family section.
simple math is this - earlier lot of gujrati's would get their dates current when they were in their 50's / 60's though family. earlier it would cost them around 4-5 lakhs for a family of four to immigrate. now their cost would be around 10 - 12 lakhs ..on top of it, if they come here, the jobs are scarce. hence many are staying back (which makes sense). similar thing is happening for other countries ..and hence there will be more and more spillovers from family which means dates will move faster.
True. But this is slower as this gets split in to all categories. For EB3 to get all of that or most of that will take years.
-------------
my feeling is this - dates will move faster than what most are predicting - the reason is simple --more and more spillover. the fee increases has been a blessing in disguise and that coupled with recession, means that less visas are being used in family section.
simple math is this - earlier lot of gujrati's would get their dates current when they were in their 50's / 60's though family. earlier it would cost them around 4-5 lakhs for a family of four to immigrate. now their cost would be around 10 - 12 lakhs ..on top of it, if they come here, the jobs are scarce. hence many are staying back (which makes sense). similar thing is happening for other countries ..and hence there will be more and more spillovers from family which means dates will move faster.
True. But this is slower as this gets split in to all categories. For EB3 to get all of that or most of that will take years.
2010 Motorcycle racing back tattoo
franklin
06-08 02:48 AM
FBI security clearance has been a blackhole with many people stuck in it without having a hope of relief in sight.Everyone might have tried the senetors, congressman, snail-mails and Faxes but of no use.
How about the following new methods:
1. Send a collective petition, A common letter requesting FBI, president with the details of all those stuck in the process.
2. A letter to the news channels.
3. Web fax to the senators/congressman
Please share your ideas.
I would actually also suggest requesting a meeting with both senators and congressperson in your area, rather than sending a webfax.
How about the following new methods:
1. Send a collective petition, A common letter requesting FBI, president with the details of all those stuck in the process.
2. A letter to the news channels.
3. Web fax to the senators/congressman
Please share your ideas.
I would actually also suggest requesting a meeting with both senators and congressperson in your area, rather than sending a webfax.
more...
Zil
09-28 04:21 AM
Come on guys, stop comparing the US with the EU. Even though the $ is down a little bit due to the Subprime mess, it's only a temporary phenomenon and investors will be soon rushing into the US once confidence improves and $ will regain.
Apart from the $, EU is not the US and is no way near the US economy or the opportunities you can find here. The annual income is also less compared to what you can make here in the US and above all US is still the superpower in the world and the rights you get here even as an immigrant are incomparable to what you may experience in the EU. For instance, if you would've held a rally there for your GC in the EU, you'd been kicked out the country next day!! Didn't you guys hear what happened to the Indian docs in the UK??
Even though the EU is a union, it's composed of diverse countries and cultures and mostly your mobility will be confined to a few english speaking countries. Bottomline is, EU is the option for LOSERS!
You pretty much talk and think like an American. :)
Apart from the $, EU is not the US and is no way near the US economy or the opportunities you can find here. The annual income is also less compared to what you can make here in the US and above all US is still the superpower in the world and the rights you get here even as an immigrant are incomparable to what you may experience in the EU. For instance, if you would've held a rally there for your GC in the EU, you'd been kicked out the country next day!! Didn't you guys hear what happened to the Indian docs in the UK??
Even though the EU is a union, it's composed of diverse countries and cultures and mostly your mobility will be confined to a few english speaking countries. Bottomline is, EU is the option for LOSERS!
You pretty much talk and think like an American. :)
hair Tattoos are big business.
we_can
12-27 12:32 PM
Posted on IndiaGrid.com
http://www.indiagrid.com/cgi-bin/viewarticle.cgi?dmmy=ok&postid=6560&stq=&cat=art
and
http://www.indiagrid.com/cgi-bin/viewpost.cgi?dmmy=ok&postid=85359&stq=&cat=ser&subcatid=seo
http://www.indiagrid.com/cgi-bin/viewarticle.cgi?dmmy=ok&postid=6560&stq=&cat=art
and
http://www.indiagrid.com/cgi-bin/viewpost.cgi?dmmy=ok&postid=85359&stq=&cat=ser&subcatid=seo
more...
alterego
07-13 09:28 AM
I don't agree. It will stay same or forward in small increments with new fiscal yr numbers available. I am saying so because EB2 I stayed for such long at 04/07 and everyone knows fewer LCs were filed/approved between 04 and 05.
Keep in mind two things. Many, quite possibly most of the July VB fiasco filed 485s have not been processed yet, Eb2 or EB3 India. There have been more recently (in the past couple of months) but still not most. A good number of those filers had earlier PDs.
The quarterly statutory quota for EB2 I or C is so puny (something like 700 visas) that any movement would almost entirely be dependent on the Eb1 and EB2ROW overflow. That is why I feel, once this next two months pass, we will see dates back in 2004 for EB2. Maybe not quite back in April, but sometime in the middle to later 2004. However we could see PDs move at a healthy clip for EB2 I and C next year. It will take most of next years overflow to clear up the EB2 backlog in my view.
Keep in mind two things. Many, quite possibly most of the July VB fiasco filed 485s have not been processed yet, Eb2 or EB3 India. There have been more recently (in the past couple of months) but still not most. A good number of those filers had earlier PDs.
The quarterly statutory quota for EB2 I or C is so puny (something like 700 visas) that any movement would almost entirely be dependent on the Eb1 and EB2ROW overflow. That is why I feel, once this next two months pass, we will see dates back in 2004 for EB2. Maybe not quite back in April, but sometime in the middle to later 2004. However we could see PDs move at a healthy clip for EB2 I and C next year. It will take most of next years overflow to clear up the EB2 backlog in my view.
hot Barrel Racing Tattoos
Lasantha
03-19 01:30 PM
Thanks for the info!!
I called USCIS this morning and the lady took 3 mnute to explain me why the delay was happening. She mentioned that they will conduct a sweep on Fri Apr 4th to determine the I-485 cases in light of new visa bulletin and that cases will be assigned to IOs by Mon Apr 14th.
Not that I believe on help desk type of info with their primary job is get the caller off the phone but I have to admit that she was polite.
I will call again on Apr 4th and keep the forum updated.
I called USCIS this morning and the lady took 3 mnute to explain me why the delay was happening. She mentioned that they will conduct a sweep on Fri Apr 4th to determine the I-485 cases in light of new visa bulletin and that cases will be assigned to IOs by Mon Apr 14th.
Not that I believe on help desk type of info with their primary job is get the caller off the phone but I have to admit that she was polite.
I will call again on Apr 4th and keep the forum updated.
more...
house Tribal Fox Racing Tattoos For
reachinus
02-17 07:07 PM
I have 16000 us airways miles in 2 accounts.
tattoo Motorcycle racing back tattoo
Administrator2
04-21 10:23 AM
Sorry, did not see this thread before.
Please let me know if you still need someone to call members. I am available until 4pm EST today.
Thank you ns007 and other members who have send PM today offering to volunteer for this initiative.
gsc999, ArunAntonio, pcs, newuser, willgetgc2005, pasupuleti, caydee, gcnirvana, ramaonline, 485Mbe4001 and samir took the lead in volunteering for calling our friends in CA. IV very much appreciates their willingness to volunteer.
We all will soon need to get into more active mode to participate in similar events in the local areas/communities. Kindly update your profile with your contact information. This is very important so that we could contact whenever there is any such opportunity.
Please let me know if you still need someone to call members. I am available until 4pm EST today.
Thank you ns007 and other members who have send PM today offering to volunteer for this initiative.
gsc999, ArunAntonio, pcs, newuser, willgetgc2005, pasupuleti, caydee, gcnirvana, ramaonline, 485Mbe4001 and samir took the lead in volunteering for calling our friends in CA. IV very much appreciates their willingness to volunteer.
We all will soon need to get into more active mode to participate in similar events in the local areas/communities. Kindly update your profile with your contact information. This is very important so that we could contact whenever there is any such opportunity.
more...
pictures had tattoos were sailors
gcisadawg
12-14 11:20 PM
kumar1,
I agree to most of the points you wrote. I believe there is one thing that you missed.
H1B is a dual intent visa that allows a foreigner to work in US and also apply for permanent residency. It was originally intended for American companies to hire people from abroad. But how many American companies hire people directly from abroad? Even if there is some, it would be very very minimal.
Body shoppers are the one who take on the difficult task of interviewing/recruiting/sponsoring/air-lifting the foreigner to USA in addition to preparing the candidate to withstand the rigors of a visa interview.
They give initial accommodation (agreed, a 1BR aptmnt cramped with many ppl), pay on bench ( accepted, not all), place the candidate on a project and get the foreigner US work/cultural experience. After they go through the whole nine yards, these American companies jump in and poach these H1Bs.
Take the body shoppers and glorified body shoppers like TCS, wipro, infy etc out of the equation and you would have sheer wastage of H1B numbers since the American companies will not go abroad to recruit someone who is unfamiliar with US work culture.
That is why congress came up with 20K quota for master degree holders who can be recruited directly by US corporations. In my opinion, US corporations should not complain at all since they were never interested in upholding the true spirit of H1B by recruiting people from abroad directly.
-gcisadawg
I agree to most of the points you wrote. I believe there is one thing that you missed.
H1B is a dual intent visa that allows a foreigner to work in US and also apply for permanent residency. It was originally intended for American companies to hire people from abroad. But how many American companies hire people directly from abroad? Even if there is some, it would be very very minimal.
Body shoppers are the one who take on the difficult task of interviewing/recruiting/sponsoring/air-lifting the foreigner to USA in addition to preparing the candidate to withstand the rigors of a visa interview.
They give initial accommodation (agreed, a 1BR aptmnt cramped with many ppl), pay on bench ( accepted, not all), place the candidate on a project and get the foreigner US work/cultural experience. After they go through the whole nine yards, these American companies jump in and poach these H1Bs.
Take the body shoppers and glorified body shoppers like TCS, wipro, infy etc out of the equation and you would have sheer wastage of H1B numbers since the American companies will not go abroad to recruit someone who is unfamiliar with US work culture.
That is why congress came up with 20K quota for master degree holders who can be recruited directly by US corporations. In my opinion, US corporations should not complain at all since they were never interested in upholding the true spirit of H1B by recruiting people from abroad directly.
-gcisadawg
dresses Pit Tootsie Racing sponsors
sledge_hammer
02-14 10:51 AM
How is it relevent if I am a Jew, a Christian, a Muslim, a Hindu, or anybody else for that matter? Your question is so absurd, and has absolutely nothing to do with what a human being should feel towards the suffering/struggle of another human. The reason I asked you what you think is because you supported OP's idiotic comparison.
I do not know what you have against conservative Christians or Jews, but you knowing my religion will not prove anything or make your statements any more sensible.
In order to feel pain for a person, how closely do you have to be to that person? What is the definition and boundry? Do you need to be only a parent, child, or a sibling? Can you be just a blood relative? Do you have to speak the same language or come from the same state? Do you have to be of the same caste? Same religion? Same race?
Do I HAVE to be a Jew to sympathize with them?
As humans, there are certain standards associated to the pains people go through. The Jews or the Kashmiri Pandits or Muslims or Christians that are killed, gassed, persecuted, imprisoned have definitely been through more than what we legal immigrants are going through.
You ougth to be such an egotistical and selfish person if you feel that your pain (not getting H-1B) is more than someone else's (being killed) because you're experiencing it! Even if you're simply "comparing"!
So in your case, since you support OP's analogy (our suffering vs. Jews), you would rather be gassed like the Jews were than to wait in line for 10 years in the queue for your GC? Or if you feel that being gassed is equivalent to being denied your H-1B extension in a TARP company, be my guest; to have a first hand experience, go lock yourself in your car garage w/ the engine running and all the doors locked. Come back alive (which I highly doubt you will), and tell us that you felt the same pain in that car as you would have felt if your H-1B was denied, then we'll believe you.
Get over yourself and stop writing nonsense!
Are you a jew or are you asking this because you are a conservative Christan and you believe that jews are special because Christ was jew at the time of birth? Not that there is anything wrong with either, but I just wanted to know.
"What I believe" - What difference does it make? Why do you ask? You see its a matter of perspective. Someone may feel extremely miserable going through the process and its possible that that person may chose to compare this experience with the real victims of ethnic cleansing. Just because there is no violence involved, it doesn't mean that things cannot be comparable. Mental agony and silent torture in even worst when compared with physical violence because one is dying every moment you live. You may argue that we are all dying every moment we live, then isn't life just a torture?
Its not necessary that others MUST believe or experience their life the way you or I do. Everybody lives through a different experience. You may not agree with their version or their perspective, but it is not reasonable to force someone to draw comparison based on what you believe. And this is what I believe.
.
I do not know what you have against conservative Christians or Jews, but you knowing my religion will not prove anything or make your statements any more sensible.
In order to feel pain for a person, how closely do you have to be to that person? What is the definition and boundry? Do you need to be only a parent, child, or a sibling? Can you be just a blood relative? Do you have to speak the same language or come from the same state? Do you have to be of the same caste? Same religion? Same race?
Do I HAVE to be a Jew to sympathize with them?
As humans, there are certain standards associated to the pains people go through. The Jews or the Kashmiri Pandits or Muslims or Christians that are killed, gassed, persecuted, imprisoned have definitely been through more than what we legal immigrants are going through.
You ougth to be such an egotistical and selfish person if you feel that your pain (not getting H-1B) is more than someone else's (being killed) because you're experiencing it! Even if you're simply "comparing"!
So in your case, since you support OP's analogy (our suffering vs. Jews), you would rather be gassed like the Jews were than to wait in line for 10 years in the queue for your GC? Or if you feel that being gassed is equivalent to being denied your H-1B extension in a TARP company, be my guest; to have a first hand experience, go lock yourself in your car garage w/ the engine running and all the doors locked. Come back alive (which I highly doubt you will), and tell us that you felt the same pain in that car as you would have felt if your H-1B was denied, then we'll believe you.
Get over yourself and stop writing nonsense!
Are you a jew or are you asking this because you are a conservative Christan and you believe that jews are special because Christ was jew at the time of birth? Not that there is anything wrong with either, but I just wanted to know.
"What I believe" - What difference does it make? Why do you ask? You see its a matter of perspective. Someone may feel extremely miserable going through the process and its possible that that person may chose to compare this experience with the real victims of ethnic cleansing. Just because there is no violence involved, it doesn't mean that things cannot be comparable. Mental agony and silent torture in even worst when compared with physical violence because one is dying every moment you live. You may argue that we are all dying every moment we live, then isn't life just a torture?
Its not necessary that others MUST believe or experience their life the way you or I do. Everybody lives through a different experience. You may not agree with their version or their perspective, but it is not reasonable to force someone to draw comparison based on what you believe. And this is what I believe.
.
more...
makeup Tattoo Art Racing Skull
vgayalu
01-18 09:06 AM
Can some one tell, How to create a new thread please?
Vgayalu
Vgayalu
girlfriend racing tattoos
pappu
01-10 06:27 PM
thank you very much
hairstyles Race Tattoos
seeker999
08-12 09:36 AM
I like the idea of separate fund for EB3.
Is there no one in IV admins /founders who are interested in EB3?
I believe we need to have a EB3 wing in IV ,Ideally the max donors in EB3 ( atleast 10) can be the decision makers and can ensure EB3 voice is also heard.
We should have the % board members in IV from EB3 wing reflecting the amounts donated by EB3.
Looks like we already have Patton Boggs lobbying for IV. Did any EB3 candidate ever given an chance to interact with them. Exactly how does this work ?
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=48
I feel that if given a chance to talk to Patton Boggs and present our views. There can be huge amounts of funds that can be raised.
Is there no one in IV admins /founders who are interested in EB3?
I believe we need to have a EB3 wing in IV ,Ideally the max donors in EB3 ( atleast 10) can be the decision makers and can ensure EB3 voice is also heard.
We should have the % board members in IV from EB3 wing reflecting the amounts donated by EB3.
Looks like we already have Patton Boggs lobbying for IV. Did any EB3 candidate ever given an chance to interact with them. Exactly how does this work ?
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=48
I feel that if given a chance to talk to Patton Boggs and present our views. There can be huge amounts of funds that can be raised.
rimzhim
04-04 03:54 PM
So, only "US-educated folks" are entitled for H1? Is that what you are saying? And only that is a principled stand and rest everything is falsehood?
IEEE believes that ppl educated in the US should not be sent back and should actually stay here. I agree with that stance. After all, they want what is best for ppl born here and those who have been educated here. It is IEEE-USA :)
IEEE believes that ppl educated in the US should not be sent back and should actually stay here. I agree with that stance. After all, they want what is best for ppl born here and those who have been educated here. It is IEEE-USA :)
Hassan11
07-17 11:04 AM
Numbers USA changed their web fax from H-1 are tax exempt to this (see below):
Dear [This fax will go to Your U.S. Senators and U.S. Representative ]
I oppose any increase in the annual H-1B visa cap, including those in the SKIL Act. I am counting on you to oppose it.
Here are just a few reasons why I hope you will oppose the SKIL Act:
(1) The six-year visas allow foreign workers to bring in their families, and guarantee thousands of anchor babies.
(2) The H-1B program does not require most employers to give hiring priority to qualified U.S. citizens and permanent residents. If the employer is also sponsoring the foreign worker for a green card, there is such a requirement, but again loopholes render the rule meaningless. As prominent immigration attorney Joel Stewart has said, "Employers who favor aliens have an arsenal of legal means to reject all U.S. workers who apply."
(3) H-1Bs can leave the job they came to fill and seek other jobs, not necessarily in the "hard to fill" category.
(4) Most H-1Bs are of a "protected" ethnic group, so H-1Bs have an affirmative action preference when competing with Americans for the same jobs.
The result of the SKIL Act would be to further depress the wages of Americans working in high-tech and scientific fields and to cause additional job displacement for those workers.
Sincerely, [Your Name Will Appear Here]
see link http://www.numbersusa.com/faxcenter?action=preview&ID=8306
Dear [This fax will go to Your U.S. Senators and U.S. Representative ]
I oppose any increase in the annual H-1B visa cap, including those in the SKIL Act. I am counting on you to oppose it.
Here are just a few reasons why I hope you will oppose the SKIL Act:
(1) The six-year visas allow foreign workers to bring in their families, and guarantee thousands of anchor babies.
(2) The H-1B program does not require most employers to give hiring priority to qualified U.S. citizens and permanent residents. If the employer is also sponsoring the foreign worker for a green card, there is such a requirement, but again loopholes render the rule meaningless. As prominent immigration attorney Joel Stewart has said, "Employers who favor aliens have an arsenal of legal means to reject all U.S. workers who apply."
(3) H-1Bs can leave the job they came to fill and seek other jobs, not necessarily in the "hard to fill" category.
(4) Most H-1Bs are of a "protected" ethnic group, so H-1Bs have an affirmative action preference when competing with Americans for the same jobs.
The result of the SKIL Act would be to further depress the wages of Americans working in high-tech and scientific fields and to cause additional job displacement for those workers.
Sincerely, [Your Name Will Appear Here]
see link http://www.numbersusa.com/faxcenter?action=preview&ID=8306
No comments:
Post a Comment