BumbleBee
08-02 02:32 PM
Hi Guys I'm pretty new in all this and i've been following this discussion and perhaps someone can help me.... here is the question.... Do I have a visa number available ?? If so why am I waiting that long??
here is my story:
i'm EB3 world - got my labor pd is 05/2002, and I concurrent filled I-485/I-140 on 05/2003.... already made 2 fingerprints..... I-140 was approved on 12/2005 (TSC).... i renew my EAD every year since I filled.
if what you guys are saying is correct that in order to accept the I-485 to be filled USCIS need to have a visa number available to the applicant.... y am I still waiting?? :confused:
thanks for the help and i'm sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge :)
When you filed your I-485, there were VISA numbers, which in theory could have been used to grant you GC( I-485 approval ). But, they didn't act quick enough on your case to approve it, instead they worked on other cases and approved those, meanwhile, they got thousands more request for GC(Visa number ), and they started giving it based on priority date.
Had they known there will be thousands of applications of older priority date, they wouldn't have accepted your application, as they can not approve it. But they didn't know, hence accepted the application. Now, it would just sit there till more numbers are availble and everybody who has priority date before you gets GC.
Everybody who has priority date prior to your priority date is technically ahead of you, even though they have not been able to file their I-485 yet, hence VISA number would go to them first :D
Anybody who hasn't yet filed 485, willl have to wait till the VISA bulletin passed thier PD.
BumbleBee
here is my story:
i'm EB3 world - got my labor pd is 05/2002, and I concurrent filled I-485/I-140 on 05/2003.... already made 2 fingerprints..... I-140 was approved on 12/2005 (TSC).... i renew my EAD every year since I filled.
if what you guys are saying is correct that in order to accept the I-485 to be filled USCIS need to have a visa number available to the applicant.... y am I still waiting?? :confused:
thanks for the help and i'm sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge :)
When you filed your I-485, there were VISA numbers, which in theory could have been used to grant you GC( I-485 approval ). But, they didn't act quick enough on your case to approve it, instead they worked on other cases and approved those, meanwhile, they got thousands more request for GC(Visa number ), and they started giving it based on priority date.
Had they known there will be thousands of applications of older priority date, they wouldn't have accepted your application, as they can not approve it. But they didn't know, hence accepted the application. Now, it would just sit there till more numbers are availble and everybody who has priority date before you gets GC.
Everybody who has priority date prior to your priority date is technically ahead of you, even though they have not been able to file their I-485 yet, hence VISA number would go to them first :D
Anybody who hasn't yet filed 485, willl have to wait till the VISA bulletin passed thier PD.
BumbleBee
wallpaper nyc manhattan subway map
tooclose
07-13 07:14 AM
What is the need for all this ? The visa bulletin is out but no one cares to read it I guess. Every bulletin has these or words to this effect.
"Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number."
So the date that you see in the table is NOT eligible for visa numbers.
Thanks for the information. I believe I have to wait for another month to get any updates from the Sep visa bulletin or wait till same time next year since my PD is Mar-06.
Congrats to all to have received it and good luck to those who have become current !
"Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number."
So the date that you see in the table is NOT eligible for visa numbers.
Thanks for the information. I believe I have to wait for another month to get any updates from the Sep visa bulletin or wait till same time next year since my PD is Mar-06.
Congrats to all to have received it and good luck to those who have become current !
Rajeev
02-04 10:50 AM
We will all meet at the Bridgewater temple Cafeteria tomorrow, that is, 02/03/2007 at 11.00 PM. I will get the flyers with me. We will be doing a black and white text on colored paper as that costs 9 cents/page compared to colored text on colored paper that costs 89 cents/page. Please be there on time.
Address for the temple is:
780 old Farm Road,
Bridgewater,
NJ 08807
Thanks,
Varsha
How did it go?
Address for the temple is:
780 old Farm Road,
Bridgewater,
NJ 08807
Thanks,
Varsha
How did it go?
2011 Manhattan, NY - Residents in
Dhundhun
07-12 08:06 PM
i believe the argument that this sudden jump was made to help eb2 china is pure hogwash
I think so.
Unless USCIS took all the pains to compile all EB2 qualified doculements and then to find out on what day China and India EB2 numbers become equal.
It is hard to comprehend.
I think so.
Unless USCIS took all the pains to compile all EB2 qualified doculements and then to find out on what day China and India EB2 numbers become equal.
It is hard to comprehend.
more...
nrupendra
09-19 06:31 AM
The rally was great, but disappointed on three fronts,
1) Very few turned up from DC,MD,VA.
2) The congress men thinks that we are illegal immigrants, as he is constantly mentioned illegal Irish immigrants.
3) Robert mentioned that as if its an India-China immigration forum, I think thats going to do more bad for us then good. I think everybody agrees that there is lot of bad news about India and China, and Americans loosing jobs due to off shoring. Apart from that we have persons in same boat from other countries too, though I was surprised to see them.
As mentioned by others we need to change the org name to legalimmigrationvoice.org immidiately.
Thanks
Nrupendra
1) Very few turned up from DC,MD,VA.
2) The congress men thinks that we are illegal immigrants, as he is constantly mentioned illegal Irish immigrants.
3) Robert mentioned that as if its an India-China immigration forum, I think thats going to do more bad for us then good. I think everybody agrees that there is lot of bad news about India and China, and Americans loosing jobs due to off shoring. Apart from that we have persons in same boat from other countries too, though I was surprised to see them.
As mentioned by others we need to change the org name to legalimmigrationvoice.org immidiately.
Thanks
Nrupendra
smuggymba
09-10 12:53 PM
My PD is March 2010 EB2 so i'm not even in this race yet but help me in understanding one thing.
Was EB3 current in July 2007? If yes, I'm assuming atleast 95% EB3 folks have EAD and their spouse can work. The really big problem in post 2007 EB3.
Since dates were current in July 2007, Eb2 and Eb3 can atleast enjoy EAD/spouse working benefits. Why do ppl complain when they have EAD etc whose PD is before 2007.
Was EB3 current in July 2007? If yes, I'm assuming atleast 95% EB3 folks have EAD and their spouse can work. The really big problem in post 2007 EB3.
Since dates were current in July 2007, Eb2 and Eb3 can atleast enjoy EAD/spouse working benefits. Why do ppl complain when they have EAD etc whose PD is before 2007.
more...
kanakabyraju
07-13 07:23 AM
YES. You will be all set.
My PD is Oct. 07 (EB 2)
Gurus.. pls advise.
Could i expect my dates to be current by mid of 2011?
Thanks,
My PD is Oct. 07 (EB 2)
Gurus.. pls advise.
Could i expect my dates to be current by mid of 2011?
Thanks,
2010 NYS AREA CODE MAP nyc
alex99
11-05 03:58 PM
Bump
more...
nlssubbu
09-28 06:20 PM
Sorry about the generalization. I was refering to Senthil1 kind of folks, not folks like you. Thanks for all the support. My friend got a green card as recently as a month back, he struggled for a long time before he got one, I asked him if he wants to come for the rally and he told me "MRRRRRRRR I GOT MY GREEN CARD, YOU ARE ASKING THE WRONG PERSON FOR THE RALLY" and the same person told me "SOMETHING MUST HAPPEN TO THESE ROTTEN CONSULTING COMPANIES, THEY ARE RUINING THE SYSTEM" he got his GC from a small consulting company and after getting his GC he says these companies must not exist - he wants to shut thee door behind him
These kind of people need to realise that they were in the same boat and just got across the shore. It does not mean that they should not help such people for a good cause. I hope that the current list of GC seekers do not fall in to such category in future. There are only a very few who lead by example and it is better to follow a good example. (That is why they are called leaders). I hope you can ignore these kind of people.
Thanks
These kind of people need to realise that they were in the same boat and just got across the shore. It does not mean that they should not help such people for a good cause. I hope that the current list of GC seekers do not fall in to such category in future. There are only a very few who lead by example and it is better to follow a good example. (That is why they are called leaders). I hope you can ignore these kind of people.
Thanks
hair The Exit Strategy NYC subway
Macaca
09-26 11:46 AM
I just got a call from Eilene Zimmerman regarding the article and she promised me that she is working on fixing the error soon
The article is actually very well-written for H1B issues. Ask her to write a similar article about EB GC issues!
The article is actually very well-written for H1B issues. Ask her to write a similar article about EB GC issues!
more...
nyte_crawler
04-08 11:53 PM
What was his visa status ?
hot Manhattan is ridiculously
GCard_Dream
12-12 05:48 PM
nomi,
I am very surprised that there is not as much interest in this thread as I had expected but you are doing great in trying to explore this avenue. I wish I had some of the answers. Keep up the good work.
I am very surprised that there is not as much interest in this thread as I had expected but you are doing great in trying to explore this avenue. I wish I had some of the answers. Keep up the good work.
more...
house StreetMaster amp; Subway Map
nixstor
07-02 10:46 PM
Guys,
Below is what Rajiv Khanna thinks. You can find it on http://www.forclients.com/cmsd/node/81 . I am not trying to play spoil sport here. I feel that we should be working towards recapturing the unused visa numbers / being able to file for 485, instead of focusing on costly law suits, given that the chances of winning are slim. I hope that I will be proven wrong as Rajiv hopes. You might ask me about the chances of getting them recaptured. That might be slim as well, but that will get rid of the base problem which is retrogression, if at all we are successful. Just my thoughts. The last para of Rajiv's post summarizes very clearly why the court will dismiss the case, even if they find DOS & USCIS to be wrong. I can confidently tell you that USCIS is not going to give rejection notices to any one in the next 45 days. They know that the more they delay the rejection notices, the more the time it will take for plaintiffs to file a case. By that time the VB will come up with some dates instead of "U". As Rajiv said, there might have been many instances of these lawsuits in which USCIS got away. I doubt, if we can even touch the DOS on this because, CA/VO is just one part of DOS and DOS is too powerful to be touched
Q. Can we file a lawsuit?
A. Here is a legal answer as I see it. I hope I am proven wrong. I will elaborate further in our conference call. In my view, the lawsuit has a slim chance of succeess, but not in DC circuit. Our circuit is not likely to interfere with the exec easily. The strongest point is that govt. is changing a long standing practice, which requires rule-making under APA. The govt. will, of course, argue that they have issued amendments in the past and that this practice does not affect substantive rights. That would probably fly in the face of AC21 portability benefit which is, no doubt a substantive right.
Mootness is not a problem usually, because in a putative class action, we can always add more plaintiffs. Also, there are exceptions to mootness that could see a suit through.
I have not looked at the issues in great detail. Nevertheless, I think, the biggest problem is, if we dont get a hearing and an order within the month of July, the Court may have to dismiss the suit for inabaility to order relief (against the statute). This situation has occurred many, many times in the context of DV lottery cases.
Below is what Rajiv Khanna thinks. You can find it on http://www.forclients.com/cmsd/node/81 . I am not trying to play spoil sport here. I feel that we should be working towards recapturing the unused visa numbers / being able to file for 485, instead of focusing on costly law suits, given that the chances of winning are slim. I hope that I will be proven wrong as Rajiv hopes. You might ask me about the chances of getting them recaptured. That might be slim as well, but that will get rid of the base problem which is retrogression, if at all we are successful. Just my thoughts. The last para of Rajiv's post summarizes very clearly why the court will dismiss the case, even if they find DOS & USCIS to be wrong. I can confidently tell you that USCIS is not going to give rejection notices to any one in the next 45 days. They know that the more they delay the rejection notices, the more the time it will take for plaintiffs to file a case. By that time the VB will come up with some dates instead of "U". As Rajiv said, there might have been many instances of these lawsuits in which USCIS got away. I doubt, if we can even touch the DOS on this because, CA/VO is just one part of DOS and DOS is too powerful to be touched
Q. Can we file a lawsuit?
A. Here is a legal answer as I see it. I hope I am proven wrong. I will elaborate further in our conference call. In my view, the lawsuit has a slim chance of succeess, but not in DC circuit. Our circuit is not likely to interfere with the exec easily. The strongest point is that govt. is changing a long standing practice, which requires rule-making under APA. The govt. will, of course, argue that they have issued amendments in the past and that this practice does not affect substantive rights. That would probably fly in the face of AC21 portability benefit which is, no doubt a substantive right.
Mootness is not a problem usually, because in a putative class action, we can always add more plaintiffs. Also, there are exceptions to mootness that could see a suit through.
I have not looked at the issues in great detail. Nevertheless, I think, the biggest problem is, if we dont get a hearing and an order within the month of July, the Court may have to dismiss the suit for inabaility to order relief (against the statute). This situation has occurred many, many times in the context of DV lottery cases.
tattoo manhattan subway map printable
mgmanoj
06-10 07:49 PM
Done - sent to Alabama senators
more...
pictures subway map of manhattan ny
praveenat11
09-26 01:28 PM
Thanks immigal for ur help
dresses Street map oct points of
ajthakur
07-15 07:08 PM
I spoke with my ex employer. He never did revoke the 140. He is also willing to provide an EVL. I can join him once I get GC. I felt sorry for having left him earlier.Talk to an attorney soon then.
more...
makeup Map of Manhattan, New York
kaella
06-11 10:43 AM
Just did it.
girlfriend that a new NYC subway map
supers789
03-12 01:15 AM
is it really out
Visa Bulletin (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html)
this doesnt tell that yet
As far as dates for India goes, its out. Bulletin on USCIS website will have details for all other countries as well which doesn't matter much to us...
Visa Bulletin (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html)
this doesnt tell that yet
As far as dates for India goes, its out. Bulletin on USCIS website will have details for all other countries as well which doesn't matter much to us...
hairstyles +manhattan+subway+map
immig4me
02-04 03:52 PM
/\/\/\
hsingh82
06-11 09:36 AM
Reply I received:
Thank you for contacting my offices. Your correspondence has been received, and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. A copy of your message is attached below for your records.
If you need immediate assistance regarding an urgent problem you are experiencing with the federal government, visit the "Help With Federal Agencies" section of the website for details on how to proceed so that your difficulties are brought to my attention as soon as possible.
If you are seeking information or services from my offices that are NOT related to my Legislative duties, please visit my "Services For Texans" section for more information.
Warmest Regards,
U.S. Senator John Cornyn
Thank you for contacting my offices. Your correspondence has been received, and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. A copy of your message is attached below for your records.
If you need immediate assistance regarding an urgent problem you are experiencing with the federal government, visit the "Help With Federal Agencies" section of the website for details on how to proceed so that your difficulties are brought to my attention as soon as possible.
If you are seeking information or services from my offices that are NOT related to my Legislative duties, please visit my "Services For Texans" section for more information.
Warmest Regards,
U.S. Senator John Cornyn
hopefulgc
03-16 10:04 PM
awesome parallel... very clear thinking.
It's like asking Martin Luther King a few decades ago "Slavery has been there for centuries, why do you need equality now?". Your tone is exactly like that. It's just an analogy, we have definitely not suffered as much, but I am just trying to tell you that a wrong should not be prolonged, it needs to be corrected.
It's like asking Martin Luther King a few decades ago "Slavery has been there for centuries, why do you need equality now?". Your tone is exactly like that. It's just an analogy, we have definitely not suffered as much, but I am just trying to tell you that a wrong should not be prolonged, it needs to be corrected.
No comments:
Post a Comment