hsm2007
10-05 01:29 PM
Hi Guys,
My attorney sent the response last week and it was delivered to the Dallas, TX. I am little concerned that my attorney actually sent the response to a courier address rather than the PO Box for TSC that they ask you to send. So far I have not seen any updates on my case.
Vgayalu: After how many days did you see an update after you sent the response to the RFE.
My attorney sent the response last week and it was delivered to the Dallas, TX. I am little concerned that my attorney actually sent the response to a courier address rather than the PO Box for TSC that they ask you to send. So far I have not seen any updates on my case.
Vgayalu: After how many days did you see an update after you sent the response to the RFE.
wallpaper free iPhone wallpapers
Libra
06-13 09:56 AM
not banning sub contracting H1b's but they should impose strict rules for companies that every dick and harry, whoever get GC, starts a company by sitting on the couch in his apt and do sub vendoring......these people are responsible for low pays. I am one of the victim of such companies and hate these kind of people, today they get GC tomorrow they start a desi consulting company.

angelfire76
02-14 01:13 AM
I totally agreed with you. This system has to be cleaned. If a system is being misused then the Gov will take some action. I also dont think they want to remove all Indians from US. I believe they will link this system with a new system similar to JRE and TOFFEL so that a police inspector from India can not come as PL/Sql programmer no matter who is hiring. I know my comment will hurt lot of people here.
I think you just invented 2 new exams "JRE" and "TOFFEL"? Are these the ones that a police inspector (like you?) needs to take to become a PL/SQL programmer? :D
I think you just invented 2 new exams "JRE" and "TOFFEL"? Are these the ones that a police inspector (like you?) needs to take to become a PL/SQL programmer? :D
2011 30 Free iPhone Christmas

vin13
11-13 06:46 AM
Just an F Y I, I havent read all 5 pages of this thread
Please read all pages and you will get a better idea of what is being done at this time.
Please read all pages and you will get a better idea of what is being done at this time.
more...
a_yaja
06-25 02:02 PM
Gurus,
A lot of information has been posted regarding items required for I-485 filing. However, I was not able to find one that was broken down form-wise. Hence, I came up with a list after going through the three forms individually. Please help me correct it by changing wrong info/ adding any ommisions on my part.
I-485 Check List
� Birth Certificate
� Copy of page with nonimmigrant visa
� Photos � 2 nos.
� Write A# or name with a pencil on the back of the photos
� Finger Printing (this is done after the I-485 is filed)
� Medical Exam Form (I-693)
� Form G-325A (this does not have a check list)
Evidence of Status
o Copy of I-94 showing admission to the United States
o Copy of approval of I129 extension (H1B extension notice) for primary
o Copy of approval of I539 (H4 extension)
� Employment Letter from Employer (original)
Evidence of eligibility
o Copy of I-140 approval (primary applicant)
o Copy of Marriage Certificate (derivative status)
� Filing Fee
I-131 Check List
� Govt. ID (driver�s lic. Or passport)
� AOS Receipt (not required for first time filing along with I-485 form)
� Photos � 2 nos.
� Write A# or name with a pencil on the back of the photos
� Letter explaining why you require AP
� Filing Fee
I-765 Check List (submit in following order)
� Copy of I-94 (front and back)
� Copy of last EAD (for renewal only)
� Photos � 2 nos.
� Write A# or name with a pencil on the back of the photos
� Filing Fee
A lot of information has been posted regarding items required for I-485 filing. However, I was not able to find one that was broken down form-wise. Hence, I came up with a list after going through the three forms individually. Please help me correct it by changing wrong info/ adding any ommisions on my part.
I-485 Check List
� Birth Certificate
� Copy of page with nonimmigrant visa
� Photos � 2 nos.
� Write A# or name with a pencil on the back of the photos
� Finger Printing (this is done after the I-485 is filed)
� Medical Exam Form (I-693)
� Form G-325A (this does not have a check list)
Evidence of Status
o Copy of I-94 showing admission to the United States
o Copy of approval of I129 extension (H1B extension notice) for primary
o Copy of approval of I539 (H4 extension)
� Employment Letter from Employer (original)
Evidence of eligibility
o Copy of I-140 approval (primary applicant)
o Copy of Marriage Certificate (derivative status)
� Filing Fee
I-131 Check List
� Govt. ID (driver�s lic. Or passport)
� AOS Receipt (not required for first time filing along with I-485 form)
� Photos � 2 nos.
� Write A# or name with a pencil on the back of the photos
� Letter explaining why you require AP
� Filing Fee
I-765 Check List (submit in following order)
� Copy of I-94 (front and back)
� Copy of last EAD (for renewal only)
� Photos � 2 nos.
� Write A# or name with a pencil on the back of the photos
� Filing Fee
nomi
12-11 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by god_bless_you
SO if USCIS wants to make a new rule of filing I485 for the one whose I 140 is cleared and priority date is not current, It CAN DO That RULE Right?
We do not need any Congress approval for that Right?
If so can we explore this option??
Yes, I was wondering the same thing.
The only plausible explanation for requiring congress' approval, that I am able to come up with, is that we bundled many requests along with the request for concurrent processing of 140/485, like additional visa numbers etc., which I think are not in the hands of USCIS.
We would need congress approval to increase visa numbers, etc. But for changing the rule to allow concurrent 140/485 processing is probably within the jurisdiction of the USCIS.
Originally Posted by god_bless_you
SO if USCIS wants to make a new rule of filing I485 for the one whose I 140 is cleared and priority date is not current, It CAN DO That RULE Right?
We do not need any Congress approval for that Right?
If so can we explore this option??
Yes, I was wondering the same thing.
The only plausible explanation for requiring congress' approval, that I am able to come up with, is that we bundled many requests along with the request for concurrent processing of 140/485, like additional visa numbers etc., which I think are not in the hands of USCIS.
We would need congress approval to increase visa numbers, etc. But for changing the rule to allow concurrent 140/485 processing is probably within the jurisdiction of the USCIS.
more...
go_guy123
09-09 02:33 PM
Sadly true. Our hope is STEM exemption and Visa recapture and both of them will get little political help till elections. After the elections, the political arena will definitely be different with some Republicans replacing the Democrats in the House and any immigration related bill will result in a much tougher battle.
SKIL will NEVER see light of day so long there is the "pandering to illegals" democratic party is there in control of agenda. Under GOP there is atleast some better chance
of piecemeal and therefore SKIL bill has some chance.
SKIL will NEVER see light of day so long there is the "pandering to illegals" democratic party is there in control of agenda. Under GOP there is atleast some better chance
of piecemeal and therefore SKIL bill has some chance.
2010 hairstyles Free iPhone
jhegde
04-20 02:10 PM
Attn: California Members � Please participate in this even to support STRIVE ACT.
This is a public rally organized by Congressman Gutierrez (Sponsor of STRIVE ACT) in San Jose, CA on Saturday April 21st at 4:00 PM.
Address:
1775 Story Road.
San Jose CA 95122.
Date and Time:
Saturday April 21 4:00 PM.
---------------------------------------
If you want to gather and meet other Immigration Voice members before the meeting, then please come at 3:30 PM at
Wal-Mart Store:
777 Story Road.
San Jose CA 95122.
----------------------------------------
Purpose:
To stand in support of STRIVE act of 2007 and thereby support title 5 of high-skills legal immigration. It is very important for Immigration Voice to show up in large number so that we can project our strength and also confirm our support to the congressman and thank him for working to reform the broken system by including provisions to remove skilled-immigration backlog.
Pratik will be attending this with many other members of IV in San Jose and Bay area including a couple of other core group members. I will be driving to this event from Reno unless there is severe weather on I-80 at Donner pass. If anyone from Reno wants to carpool with me, please email me at jay@immigrationvoice.org
Please show your support for STRIVE act and our support to congressman as its very important to be vocal and active for upcoming bills in Senate (May) and House (June-July).
Questions:
If you have questions about this event, please email Pratik at pratik@immigrationvoice.org (pratik@immigrationvoice.org)
I will be coming with my other friend. We are commuting from Tracy / Stockton area. Anybody bringing the banners / hand signs to support STRIVE ACT?
This is a public rally organized by Congressman Gutierrez (Sponsor of STRIVE ACT) in San Jose, CA on Saturday April 21st at 4:00 PM.
Address:
1775 Story Road.
San Jose CA 95122.
Date and Time:
Saturday April 21 4:00 PM.
---------------------------------------
If you want to gather and meet other Immigration Voice members before the meeting, then please come at 3:30 PM at
Wal-Mart Store:
777 Story Road.
San Jose CA 95122.
----------------------------------------
Purpose:
To stand in support of STRIVE act of 2007 and thereby support title 5 of high-skills legal immigration. It is very important for Immigration Voice to show up in large number so that we can project our strength and also confirm our support to the congressman and thank him for working to reform the broken system by including provisions to remove skilled-immigration backlog.
Pratik will be attending this with many other members of IV in San Jose and Bay area including a couple of other core group members. I will be driving to this event from Reno unless there is severe weather on I-80 at Donner pass. If anyone from Reno wants to carpool with me, please email me at jay@immigrationvoice.org
Please show your support for STRIVE act and our support to congressman as its very important to be vocal and active for upcoming bills in Senate (May) and House (June-July).
Questions:
If you have questions about this event, please email Pratik at pratik@immigrationvoice.org (pratik@immigrationvoice.org)
I will be coming with my other friend. We are commuting from Tracy / Stockton area. Anybody bringing the banners / hand signs to support STRIVE ACT?
more...
forever_waiting
02-16 04:03 PM
Completely understand.
On a related note, as pappu pointed out on another thread, it would be really nice if senior members, in general, who have got GCs in the past years continue to stay involved since their past advocacy experience is greatly valuable. Several such senior members have continued to stay involved but some have taken a back seat after "getting greened". Ideally, it should be the opposite - shouldnt getting a GC inspire us to be further involved in the process and get the issue resolved?
I see and agree with what you say. I sponsored myself the last 2 times I went for advocacy days but this time the situation is different - I've got my green card already and therefore finding it difficult to justify the expenses to my wife.
On a related note, as pappu pointed out on another thread, it would be really nice if senior members, in general, who have got GCs in the past years continue to stay involved since their past advocacy experience is greatly valuable. Several such senior members have continued to stay involved but some have taken a back seat after "getting greened". Ideally, it should be the opposite - shouldnt getting a GC inspire us to be further involved in the process and get the issue resolved?
I see and agree with what you say. I sponsored myself the last 2 times I went for advocacy days but this time the situation is different - I've got my green card already and therefore finding it difficult to justify the expenses to my wife.
hair free Apple iPhone Wallpapers
HereIComeGC
04-24 08:52 AM
Congratulations Googler! Keep in touch with your words of wisdom!
more...
gjoe
01-18 01:28 PM
Real ID cards issued by the state DMV should solve this problem when implemented. Correct me if I am wrong.
hot iPhone Wallpapers. Free iPhone
zeusjerry
04-04 03:25 PM
Your argument may be true only some extent. If you keep on asking more H1b and GC without meaningful reform of H1b then it won't sell in the congress and they will try to keep staus quo and you have to wait years to get gc. How do you resolve the problem of Cap reached within few days? Will congress accept unlimited H1bs? What is the solution for this?
Solution is :
1. Reform current H1B procedures so that it cannot be abused.
2. Make H1b cap market based.
3. Reform EB based GC process as suggested by Strive Act..
If only i was president !! :)..
Solution is :
1. Reform current H1B procedures so that it cannot be abused.
2. Make H1b cap market based.
3. Reform EB based GC process as suggested by Strive Act..
If only i was president !! :)..
more...
house dresses free iphone wallpapers
kumar1
12-15 11:01 AM
gcisadawg,
Very well said. What you said, also gives strength to my point. We are self proclaimed "highly skilled" workers. We shouldn't have been trained, we shouldn't have been air lifted by desi consultants. We shouldn't have been sold for short/long term projects after coming to the US.
Actually, during 1999-2000 year, when I was about to graduate from IIT, yes, my class mates used to receive calls from Microsoft based in Seattle and Phillips based in Holland. Those companies paid final year graduating students (with good track record), a return trip to Seattle for interview. That was the real demand! And mind you, those students were very talented. They already had secured 100% aid from excellent US universities. So, it was a scenario of good company taking interest in excellent students and then filing for H1-B and subsequently green card. Can you imagine, Microsoft getting a RFE from USCIS to show "ability to pay"! We have so many people yelling on these forums because companies do not have the ability to pay to these "highly skilled workers".
I can go on and on.....
I do not agree with anyone who claims that we are really "required" here. We are fighting to survive here and we are fighting to get Green Cards. We have 50 million hate groups in the US that do not like us at all. It is a tough road ahead !
kumar1,
I agree to most of the points you wrote. I believe there is one thing that you missed.
H1B is a dual intent visa that allows a foreigner to work in US and also apply for permanent residency. It was originally intended for American companies to hire people from abroad. But how many American companies hire people directly from abroad? Even if there is some, it would be very very minimal.
Body shoppers are the one who take on the difficult task of interviewing/recruiting/sponsoring/air-lifting the foreigner to USA in addition to preparing the candidate to withstand the rigors of a visa interview.
They give initial accommodation (agreed, a 1BR aptmnt cramped with many ppl), pay on bench ( accepted, not all), place the candidate on a project and get the foreigner US work/cultural experience. After they go through the whole nine yards, these American companies jump in and poach these H1Bs.
Take the body shoppers and glorified body shoppers like TCS, wipro, infy etc out of the equation and you would have sheer wastage of H1B numbers since the American companies will not go abroad to recruit someone who is unfamiliar with US work culture.
That is why congress came up with 20K quota for master degree holders who can be recruited directly by US corporations. In my opinion, US corporations should not complain at all since they were never interested in upholding the true spirit of H1B by recruiting people from abroad directly.
-gcisadawg
Very well said. What you said, also gives strength to my point. We are self proclaimed "highly skilled" workers. We shouldn't have been trained, we shouldn't have been air lifted by desi consultants. We shouldn't have been sold for short/long term projects after coming to the US.
Actually, during 1999-2000 year, when I was about to graduate from IIT, yes, my class mates used to receive calls from Microsoft based in Seattle and Phillips based in Holland. Those companies paid final year graduating students (with good track record), a return trip to Seattle for interview. That was the real demand! And mind you, those students were very talented. They already had secured 100% aid from excellent US universities. So, it was a scenario of good company taking interest in excellent students and then filing for H1-B and subsequently green card. Can you imagine, Microsoft getting a RFE from USCIS to show "ability to pay"! We have so many people yelling on these forums because companies do not have the ability to pay to these "highly skilled workers".
I can go on and on.....
I do not agree with anyone who claims that we are really "required" here. We are fighting to survive here and we are fighting to get Green Cards. We have 50 million hate groups in the US that do not like us at all. It is a tough road ahead !
kumar1,
I agree to most of the points you wrote. I believe there is one thing that you missed.
H1B is a dual intent visa that allows a foreigner to work in US and also apply for permanent residency. It was originally intended for American companies to hire people from abroad. But how many American companies hire people directly from abroad? Even if there is some, it would be very very minimal.
Body shoppers are the one who take on the difficult task of interviewing/recruiting/sponsoring/air-lifting the foreigner to USA in addition to preparing the candidate to withstand the rigors of a visa interview.
They give initial accommodation (agreed, a 1BR aptmnt cramped with many ppl), pay on bench ( accepted, not all), place the candidate on a project and get the foreigner US work/cultural experience. After they go through the whole nine yards, these American companies jump in and poach these H1Bs.
Take the body shoppers and glorified body shoppers like TCS, wipro, infy etc out of the equation and you would have sheer wastage of H1B numbers since the American companies will not go abroad to recruit someone who is unfamiliar with US work culture.
That is why congress came up with 20K quota for master degree holders who can be recruited directly by US corporations. In my opinion, US corporations should not complain at all since they were never interested in upholding the true spirit of H1B by recruiting people from abroad directly.
-gcisadawg
tattoo Iphone Wallpaper 279 Free
dohko
04-04 08:03 AM
I hope not. If they ban bodyshops the cap will never run out.
And people in Real companies will be able to get the visas.
And people in Real companies will be able to get the visas.
more...
pictures World for iphone wallpaper
delhiguy
07-09 04:20 PM
I am yet to see any legal basis in the case which states that DoS has to give notice of x days before changing the visa bulletin. All it says that they have "policy" of visa bulletin good for a month. Such policies, unless backed by legal basis, are not enforceable.
__________________
Not a legal advice.
Whenever i say this "Such policies, unless backed by legal basis, are not enforceable" Everybody starts bashing me up...
So you be ready toooo.
I would be very happy , if all the H1B guys get EAD , but i cant just give a statement against DOS/USCIS till i am 100% sure.
__________________
Not a legal advice.
Whenever i say this "Such policies, unless backed by legal basis, are not enforceable" Everybody starts bashing me up...
So you be ready toooo.
I would be very happy , if all the H1B guys get EAD , but i cant just give a statement against DOS/USCIS till i am 100% sure.
dresses Free iPhone backgrounds
optimist578
01-31 01:46 PM
If one gets an H-1B approval now (Jan/Feb), can he start working right away? Or does he have to wait till the start of fiscal year, October?
What if the employer is an NGO or NPO? I believe, it is not counted against the H-1 quota but in that case, can he start working right away?
What if the employer is an NGO or NPO? I believe, it is not counted against the H-1 quota but in that case, can he start working right away?
more...
makeup Free iphone Wallpaper Design
mirage
02-06 03:32 PM
There can be several ways to deal with this and still get least opposition, I sent you a PM...That's absolutely true. Immigration quotas were originally designed to keep people out, which meant if you were a white, Western European come on in. If you were not, you need not apply. The per country limit was instituted to redress this issue and assure diversity in the immigration process. Eliminating the per country limit would require a massive paradigm shift, that in the end would only be more harmful to those groups who perceive a short term benefits.
girlfriend iphone-wallpapers-free
studmvr
12-13 09:25 AM
PD-Nov03 EB2 here in Central-NJ.
Iam in the process of letting everyone in my friends community know about IV here. Please contact me @ studmvr@yahoo.com for any help for IV.
Iam in the process of letting everyone in my friends community know about IV here. Please contact me @ studmvr@yahoo.com for any help for IV.
hairstyles Veer Free Wallpaper for iPhone
mbawa2574
02-16 12:06 PM
You don't get it, do you? I've never talked about you. What I am saying is simply this: If you don't limit the number of immigrants from one country, you essentially become a part of that country with the influx of people coming from there. This is what people in America are afraid of. They can't limit the influx of illegal immigrants from Mexico and other latin america countries, and it is becoming a big deal for them, since they don't want to be forced to learn spanish next time they go to a diner.
Is it racist? probably so. But remember, it is their country; They make the laws. They can make people dance for 5 minutes at ports of entry while they film it and post it to youtube if they like (see recent articles about search and seizures of returning greencard holders' electronic equipment).
And who the hell are you to tell me this?
What did I say? What I mentioned was the natural tendency of people of one language and one common background to gather together and stay together, even though the whole society asks them "Please forget your background and become one of us". How is that racist? This law stops the society to become divided into two factions of 'Us' vs. 'Irish' or 'Us' vs. 'Italians' or 'Us' vs. 'Iranians', etc. There have been several waves of people coming to US for whatever reasons; They are just making sure this doesn't happen again.
This per country cap law is very much like the tax code. If you change it to favor one class of people, you end up screwing everyone else. The current immigration law favors me, so I am happy. It doesn't favor you, so you are (understandably) unhappy. Calling me racist and trying to chase me out of IV is not going to solve your problem.
On one side you are praising the bigotry of 1940's and racism and on the other hand talking unity. I am sure you are are looser in your life and now Indians and Chinese are your targets since you don't know the meaning of competition. I am not going to waste my time as I am not even sure who planted you here. If you are really not a non-immigrant phony, please state your contribution to the IV efforts. Otherwise we don't need a racist punk like you. Now get off my back:mad:
Is it racist? probably so. But remember, it is their country; They make the laws. They can make people dance for 5 minutes at ports of entry while they film it and post it to youtube if they like (see recent articles about search and seizures of returning greencard holders' electronic equipment).
And who the hell are you to tell me this?
What did I say? What I mentioned was the natural tendency of people of one language and one common background to gather together and stay together, even though the whole society asks them "Please forget your background and become one of us". How is that racist? This law stops the society to become divided into two factions of 'Us' vs. 'Irish' or 'Us' vs. 'Italians' or 'Us' vs. 'Iranians', etc. There have been several waves of people coming to US for whatever reasons; They are just making sure this doesn't happen again.
This per country cap law is very much like the tax code. If you change it to favor one class of people, you end up screwing everyone else. The current immigration law favors me, so I am happy. It doesn't favor you, so you are (understandably) unhappy. Calling me racist and trying to chase me out of IV is not going to solve your problem.
On one side you are praising the bigotry of 1940's and racism and on the other hand talking unity. I am sure you are are looser in your life and now Indians and Chinese are your targets since you don't know the meaning of competition. I am not going to waste my time as I am not even sure who planted you here. If you are really not a non-immigrant phony, please state your contribution to the IV efforts. Otherwise we don't need a racist punk like you. Now get off my back:mad:
BharatPremi
09-19 11:03 AM
we made them understand the difference between legal and illegal immigration.
Are you kidding or Are you seriously quoting this? Do you understand that very people you "made understood" are part of law making process? How can you say that they do not have understanding of "legal" and "illegal" immigration. Man, they are making the laws.
Are you kidding or Are you seriously quoting this? Do you understand that very people you "made understood" are part of law making process? How can you say that they do not have understanding of "legal" and "illegal" immigration. Man, they are making the laws.
Canadianindian
02-04 09:33 AM
Recently got Laid off. Here are my details:
-485 has been pending >180 days
-PD: Feb 2006
-Last day of work is 6th March, 2009
-EAD valid for another 6 months or so.
-I am working on H1-B, which is valid till 2010.
I understand that I can use AC21 and work on my EAD as long as the job is similar or same. I also understand that it is a good idea to get the H1-B transferred rather than using the EAD.
My questions are:
-Can one stay unemployed on EAD without jeopardizing the GC process?
-Do I have to inform USCIS that I am unemployed as of March 6th, 2009 in case I do not find a job?
-Do I inform the USCIS in case I find a job and work on my EAD or my H1-B.
I mean when do I have to inform USCIS if at all?
Also, I live in Windsor, Canada, and used to commute everyday to work to Detroit. Can I stay in Windsor subsequent to March 6th in case I don't find a job. Will it affect my 485 process?
Contributions: $350 +
Led various fund raising efforts for Tristate Area
Was in the DC rally
Priority Date: Feb 2006
-485 has been pending >180 days
-PD: Feb 2006
-Last day of work is 6th March, 2009
-EAD valid for another 6 months or so.
-I am working on H1-B, which is valid till 2010.
I understand that I can use AC21 and work on my EAD as long as the job is similar or same. I also understand that it is a good idea to get the H1-B transferred rather than using the EAD.
My questions are:
-Can one stay unemployed on EAD without jeopardizing the GC process?
-Do I have to inform USCIS that I am unemployed as of March 6th, 2009 in case I do not find a job?
-Do I inform the USCIS in case I find a job and work on my EAD or my H1-B.
I mean when do I have to inform USCIS if at all?
Also, I live in Windsor, Canada, and used to commute everyday to work to Detroit. Can I stay in Windsor subsequent to March 6th in case I don't find a job. Will it affect my 485 process?
Contributions: $350 +
Led various fund raising efforts for Tristate Area
Was in the DC rally
Priority Date: Feb 2006
No comments:
Post a Comment