Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Don't buy from Digit online store


Don't buy from Digit online store!




I have had a very bitter experience of buying from Digit magazine’s online store at www.thinkdigit.comearly this month. They have a flashy website with an e-commerce portal for buying current 

and previous issues of the Digit and Skoar magazines.
I was taken in by their apparent reputation and made purchases worth around Rs.500 on 9th May 2009. To their credit, they did send a prompt email to confirm the purchase and giving the order details. However I never received the magazines for over two weeks. So I decided to follow up by trying to contact their customer care. To my utter disappointment I found out that none of their contact phone numbers were actually reachable.
More dissapointment followed when I tried to contact them over email. They just keep sending automated replies without any real action. And their website has all sorts of contact email IDs for business enquiries, but practically none for registering complaints.
It seems they are quite apathetic when it comes to customer feedback. My previous experiences of online purchases were with www.irctc.co.inwww.rainbowcomputech.com and www.flipkart.com. Since all of them provided a very prompt and professional service I had become a bit too optimistic about e-commerce. But this experience has brought me down to earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment