StuckInTheMuck
07-30 07:39 AM
At the risk of giving someone the idea of starting a new thread on dottiness (all sorts of stuff are popping up these days :)) - you can see your DI (dot index) by clicking "User Profile" at the top right of this page (assuming you are logged on to IV), and then clicking "User Control Panel", which opens the list of your dots w/o comments (I am yet to figure out the point system that comes with it). This does not tell you though who gave what, unless they announce themselves.
And I thank you for your vote of confidence on the relevance issue :)
And I thank you for your vote of confidence on the relevance issue :)
wallpaper for Computer Wallpapers

StarSun
03-15 09:04 AM
VA, MD, DC members please contact sukhwinderd for hosting members.
Members who have air miles to donate, please do so now - contact vin13.
Many members from the west side are requesting for such options.
Members who have air miles to donate, please do so now - contact vin13.
Many members from the west side are requesting for such options.
Springflower
10-25 11:32 AM
PD is March 2004 / EB3 India / I 140 Approved / 485 Pending
2011 cool desktop wallpaper. nozerd

paulinasmith
08-08 08:50 AM
If you are just another desk jockey, your company made a big mistake sponsoring your H1. H1 visa is only given to people in high demand with special skills where company cannot find a US citizen. Greencard is sponsored by a company when company proves that no USA citizen is available to do your job despite lot of advertising for many months. It is company wanting to keep you permanent instead of just 6 years and not you demanding to be permanent. This is Employment based Green card where employer sponsors you. You do not sponsor yourself unless you are extraordinary in EB1 and world's best. Why can't people get over this and stop demanding greencard as their right. Greencard is a benefit you get for having specialized skills that are in high demand in the job you do. If you think you are unique and no American can replace you after giving ads for several months, what is stopping you from finding another company and challenging them to try advertising for few months for your position. If they find someone, you will happily quit the job and vacate for the American citizen. And if they do not find someone, then they should sponsor you for Greencard. Do you have such courage to talk to HR or CEO of your company?
I agree that there is no direct route or path defined between H1B and green card. In my opinion one have to concentrate on making maximum money USD$.USD$ is the only thing thing country have left remaining with.There are other secure economies where you can invest maximum USD$ (from here) and get better return (better interest rates). Chasing American Dream should be now over after living in the dark harsh realities of US.Many indians are putting their savings in India...
I agree that there is no direct route or path defined between H1B and green card. In my opinion one have to concentrate on making maximum money USD$.USD$ is the only thing thing country have left remaining with.There are other secure economies where you can invest maximum USD$ (from here) and get better return (better interest rates). Chasing American Dream should be now over after living in the dark harsh realities of US.Many indians are putting their savings in India...
more...
willwin
03-17 03:12 PM
Right. But here USCIS plays its villain role. What happens is USCIS moves clock ahead depending upon last month's "demand." We always think stramline logic.. USCIS does not work that way. It will kick PD to x date for an example Dec 2002. Now at the same time it will keep RD at say for example july 2001..Now it will keep some files eating dust in Name check so end effect is "Some" will get their gC. So next month, seeing this "demand" USCIS will kick PD further.. same game.. I believe at some level it decides seeing it reaching to "3500" limit put a break. So in reality what happen is even though USCIS kicks PD ahead not "all applicants with valid PD" get their GC. If they are unlucky enough to stuck in name check or RD is not being current, they will again wait for years for next kicking cycle start from April 2001.
But when that happens, I guess, guys in CP wil get their interview scheduled (as long as their PD is current; no RD date concept there) as the queue in CP is not as long. Correct?
But when that happens, I guess, guys in CP wil get their interview scheduled (as long as their PD is current; no RD date concept there) as the queue in CP is not as long. Correct?

desi485
03-16 12:50 AM
who the hell is asking you to???!!! and anyhow, you are probably not good enough to work with me anyways.....
kyun, sach padh kar buraa laga??
I find it hilarious to see the so-called "highly skilled" EB3 India folks behave like ostriches.............like they don't know what the scam is!!!
i don't care about them, and i care about your comments just about as much as i care about the dirt that sticks on the soles of my shoes.
goodnite, take care, pleasant dreams!
fyi - i m not in eb3 category and I work for a fortune 100.
this fool and self proclaimed selfish idiot has no knowledge of immigration issues. He is even more frustrated and pissed off with his own inability to understand finer details. He says he doesn't care but still care enough to reply this comments at midnight:p
kyun, sach padh kar buraa laga??
I find it hilarious to see the so-called "highly skilled" EB3 India folks behave like ostriches.............like they don't know what the scam is!!!
i don't care about them, and i care about your comments just about as much as i care about the dirt that sticks on the soles of my shoes.
goodnite, take care, pleasant dreams!
fyi - i m not in eb3 category and I work for a fortune 100.
this fool and self proclaimed selfish idiot has no knowledge of immigration issues. He is even more frustrated and pissed off with his own inability to understand finer details. He says he doesn't care but still care enough to reply this comments at midnight:p
more...
imneedy
05-07 06:31 PM
imneedy, as you very well know USCIS asked for money. Many members received similar letter from USCIS. IV did the campaign to collect $10000 for the USCIS Fees related legal fees. Many members just like you contributed for it. Updates to whats happening with the FOIA is available in donor forum.
Donor forum is available to folks who make financial contributed of $25 or more. If you really trust IV and are looking for next step, then start contributing to IV (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/misc.php?do=donate).
coopheal,
I think it is a good idea, just contributed, thanks!
Donor forum is available to folks who make financial contributed of $25 or more. If you really trust IV and are looking for next step, then start contributing to IV (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/misc.php?do=donate).
coopheal,
I think it is a good idea, just contributed, thanks!
2010 wallpapers pc. Cool Assassin
StarSun
02-04 09:58 AM
Members who want to donate air miles, please come forward, as it will allow for others who are considering to come a chance to plan for the event.
more...
rakesh_one
03-07 11:47 AM
Guys....like everyone else I have been doing exhaustive research on this subject for last month or so.....I have resigned this week from my job and have decided to use AC21...... following are answers to some of your questions...
New Employer support - There is no need for the new employer to support the GC process.....After you file 485, the process is yours as an individual and not of any employer....All you are saying is that my I-140 was once approved with some employer and USCIS took forever (read more than 180 days) to give me my green card......so as long as your job is in the same profession (read occupational classification) you are okay....so NO, the new employer does not need to support the process....all they have to say in the employement verification letter is that we intend to hire this person on permenant basis after getting his Green Card...... Please read Yates Memo of 2005 and it will tell you all there is to know about AC21.....
Lawyer Support and Expenses------- I can imagine lawyers trying to make whatever case for asking whatever ammount of money for AC21 as that is a new business area for them?----- I do not think you need a lawyer for this.....there are plenty of letters on the net that show the template....also, if you are sure your employer is not going to revoke the I-140 then you are not even required to send the letter untill if and when USCIS asks for employement verification letter.....
As per charges from RK and Murthy...
Rajiv Khanna - $3000 for primary +$1000 per dependent
Murthy - $2000....
I have done some exhaustive research on this AC21 crap and have decided to change the employment......
You are wrong. New Employer has to support GC.
Since GC is for future employment, there should be an employer willing to hire you on the day 1 you got your GC. AC 21 helps you to transfer the burdon from one employer to other. In most cases, by providing an employement letter for a permanent job in the same or similar job, it is kind of implied that the new employer has assumed that burdon without themselves knowing it. It would help your case, if the new employer explicitly say that they acknowledge your pending 485 and would assure USCIS that they have a job up on approval 485.
New Employer support - There is no need for the new employer to support the GC process.....After you file 485, the process is yours as an individual and not of any employer....All you are saying is that my I-140 was once approved with some employer and USCIS took forever (read more than 180 days) to give me my green card......so as long as your job is in the same profession (read occupational classification) you are okay....so NO, the new employer does not need to support the process....all they have to say in the employement verification letter is that we intend to hire this person on permenant basis after getting his Green Card...... Please read Yates Memo of 2005 and it will tell you all there is to know about AC21.....
Lawyer Support and Expenses------- I can imagine lawyers trying to make whatever case for asking whatever ammount of money for AC21 as that is a new business area for them?----- I do not think you need a lawyer for this.....there are plenty of letters on the net that show the template....also, if you are sure your employer is not going to revoke the I-140 then you are not even required to send the letter untill if and when USCIS asks for employement verification letter.....
As per charges from RK and Murthy...
Rajiv Khanna - $3000 for primary +$1000 per dependent
Murthy - $2000....
I have done some exhaustive research on this AC21 crap and have decided to change the employment......
You are wrong. New Employer has to support GC.
Since GC is for future employment, there should be an employer willing to hire you on the day 1 you got your GC. AC 21 helps you to transfer the burdon from one employer to other. In most cases, by providing an employement letter for a permanent job in the same or similar job, it is kind of implied that the new employer has assumed that burdon without themselves knowing it. It would help your case, if the new employer explicitly say that they acknowledge your pending 485 and would assure USCIS that they have a job up on approval 485.
hair Cool Wallpaper Pictures
willigetagc
08-23 09:56 AM
Hi, I hope somebody helps in my dilemma.
I am currently on an L1A visa. I heard that my main office (where I am now working) is closing the foreign office where I come from. Based on L1 requirements and facts, it states that once the subsidiary closes, my L1 becomes invalid. Given this, the company is willing to sponsor my green card as soon as possible. It will probably still take a year before the subsidiary officially closes. What are my options? If they have to close the company while my green card is being process, would it be cancelled ?
Thanks.
Tricky situation, many permutations. Check with a lawyer.
But I think if you file for I-140 asap you can lock in the PD. When that becomes current (chances are good if you are not from India/China) you can file for I-485, get your EAD+AP and continue working on the EAD.
Other option is to apply for a H1B change of status on the FIRST day the USCIS starts accepting applications. If you get approval, then it kicks in Oct 01, 2009. The odds of getting an approval are approximately 1 in 2. On the flip-side, you might have to restart your GC process and get a labor certification first.
I am currently on an L1A visa. I heard that my main office (where I am now working) is closing the foreign office where I come from. Based on L1 requirements and facts, it states that once the subsidiary closes, my L1 becomes invalid. Given this, the company is willing to sponsor my green card as soon as possible. It will probably still take a year before the subsidiary officially closes. What are my options? If they have to close the company while my green card is being process, would it be cancelled ?
Thanks.
Tricky situation, many permutations. Check with a lawyer.
But I think if you file for I-140 asap you can lock in the PD. When that becomes current (chances are good if you are not from India/China) you can file for I-485, get your EAD+AP and continue working on the EAD.
Other option is to apply for a H1B change of status on the FIRST day the USCIS starts accepting applications. If you get approval, then it kicks in Oct 01, 2009. The odds of getting an approval are approximately 1 in 2. On the flip-side, you might have to restart your GC process and get a labor certification first.
more...
ak27
11-29 09:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Let us setup a time and talk about meeting Law Makers. I can be reached at ajay1857@gmail.com
My no is 732-910-5926.. Please get as many friend you can get signed up for our chapter. We have very few signed up so far. I would think that we have thousands of people like us in this boat.
Thank you
Let us setup a time and talk about meeting Law Makers. I can be reached at ajay1857@gmail.com
My no is 732-910-5926.. Please get as many friend you can get signed up for our chapter. We have very few signed up so far. I would think that we have thousands of people like us in this boat.
Thank you
hot wallpaper Cool Computer
GCaspirations
10-12 09:21 PM
EB3 - Feb 2004
485,EAD,AP : RD July3107 at NSC
485,EAD,AP : ND Oct0307 at CSC
EAD,AP approved : Oct10 at CSC
I would like to know if your case has been transferred back to NSC. Also have you received FP notice yet.
485,EAD,AP : RD July3107 at NSC
485,EAD,AP : ND Oct0307 at CSC
EAD,AP approved : Oct10 at CSC
I would like to know if your case has been transferred back to NSC. Also have you received FP notice yet.
more...
house cool desktop wallpaper. cool

dotnetguru
04-07 12:23 PM
Sure I will give the link..
I know its not fake..because I have 3 people on our floor who came from a visit..who saw these kind of things happening right in front of them (and my friends were GCs so I guess they themselves were left alone).
first of all cut this BS. citizens and GC holders have different queues at POE and all visa people have different queues.how the hell ur friends heard the officers questions.do they have snake ears or what.use ur common sense.
i came recently on march 20th and how come i did not see when there were 50 desis in the visa's queues.stop these rumours.
i went to sbi when i was in india. that sbi manager came to know this and he was telling about that.i thought it might be a rumour but it still gave me couple of sleepless nights.see how fast this BS is spreading.
I know its not fake..because I have 3 people on our floor who came from a visit..who saw these kind of things happening right in front of them (and my friends were GCs so I guess they themselves were left alone).
first of all cut this BS. citizens and GC holders have different queues at POE and all visa people have different queues.how the hell ur friends heard the officers questions.do they have snake ears or what.use ur common sense.
i came recently on march 20th and how come i did not see when there were 50 desis in the visa's queues.stop these rumours.
i went to sbi when i was in india. that sbi manager came to know this and he was telling about that.i thought it might be a rumour but it still gave me couple of sleepless nights.see how fast this BS is spreading.
tattoo cool computer wallpaper backgrounds. cool computer wallpaper. cool

meridiani.planum
07-28 12:07 PM
To all the above liberal minded people who said what's wrong with this. Lord Ganesha is symbol of intelligence and soma (the divine liquor) is not associated with Him.
Now what if your faces or your parents pictures are put on toilet seats and covers. Do you say the same thing?? Now there is no difference between you guys and M** F** Hussain who choses our God to draw objectionable pictures. You all are hyprocrites.
beer != toilet seat.
picture-of-Ganesha != picture-of-your-parents.
Please dont sensationalize this and try to make it news when it is'nt.
People like VHP and Bajrang Dal do this to exploit divisions that result in more votes for them (its almost the way Hitler exploited divisions against the Jews). As educated, skilled, tech-savvy, responsible adults atleast we should all refrain from getting caught up in all this.
Move on guys. Worry about retrogression and priority dates. Even those stupid threads on LUDs are more productive than this one.
Now what if your faces or your parents pictures are put on toilet seats and covers. Do you say the same thing?? Now there is no difference between you guys and M** F** Hussain who choses our God to draw objectionable pictures. You all are hyprocrites.
beer != toilet seat.
picture-of-Ganesha != picture-of-your-parents.
Please dont sensationalize this and try to make it news when it is'nt.
People like VHP and Bajrang Dal do this to exploit divisions that result in more votes for them (its almost the way Hitler exploited divisions against the Jews). As educated, skilled, tech-savvy, responsible adults atleast we should all refrain from getting caught up in all this.
Move on guys. Worry about retrogression and priority dates. Even those stupid threads on LUDs are more productive than this one.
more...
pictures Waterfall Desktop Background
uma001
03-21 01:26 PM
I replied to your message. Pls check it.
dresses cool backgrounds for computer
vin13
02-17 11:10 AM
I am volunteering to coordinate the collection and redemption of airline miles.
Those who would like to donate or in need please PM me with your Name and Phone number along with a good time to reach.
if you are donating miles, please also provide the airlines and the number of miles you wish to donate and contact info (name and phone number)
Please do not forget to put your phone number when you send me the PM.
Thanks
Those who would like to donate or in need please PM me with your Name and Phone number along with a good time to reach.
if you are donating miles, please also provide the airlines and the number of miles you wish to donate and contact info (name and phone number)
Please do not forget to put your phone number when you send me the PM.
Thanks
more...
makeup cool backgrounds for computer screens. cool computer wallpaper. cool
zen
04-03 03:09 PM
o.k. ..I will first tell the issues which are preventing me from doing what you say.
whenever we/I come with ideas - some members come up with posts to attack and kill the idea. ( teli and sanju ..).
everything seems to be tied to donations ..but do people even think before parting with their money ?(it is their money and there is a saying for such attitude). some say donate for lobbying ... how much does that cost ? how much is needed ? no info is provided.
say we are raising 10K every month and say lobbying requires 500 K ...5 - 8 years will go just to reach that amount (by that time, some will say lobbying needs more money ) !!!
whenever we/I come with ideas - some members come up with posts to attack and kill the idea. ( teli and sanju ..).
everything seems to be tied to donations ..but do people even think before parting with their money ?(it is their money and there is a saying for such attitude). some say donate for lobbying ... how much does that cost ? how much is needed ? no info is provided.
say we are raising 10K every month and say lobbying requires 500 K ...5 - 8 years will go just to reach that amount (by that time, some will say lobbying needs more money ) !!!
girlfriend cool desktop wallpapers.

chanduv23
07-29 02:03 PM
In that case, employers should mention the following in the offer letter
" In case, in future, if economy goes bad and recession occurs,we cannot sponsor your green card since it is easy to find american citizens who has minimum qualification."
This should be mentioned on the offer letters given by big comapnies.Then it is up to H1B candidate whenter to take the offer(risk) or not.
Can these companies do this????
Let me tell you my story
I worked for a mid sized consulting company (not to be mistaken for desi contracting) and GC was filed in March 2004 (it was EB3 labor). I was in my 6th year of h1b in 2005 when this company got bought over and unfortunately I lost job in the 6th year of h1b with only 11 months of h1b left. At that time I was newly married and with no bank balance. Then I looked for a new job, managed to get a nice long term contract job in a month and got h1 transferred to a decent consulting company who applied for my 6th and 7th year of h1b using the labor already filed in the company I was layed off. When in my 6th year my new PERM got approved with this employer and 140 also approved and based on that I got 8th, 9th, 10th year h1b extensions. I managed to file for 485 in July fiasco and then after an year, I left the employer and started using EAD. That employer revoked my i 140 because I left them and then I had to deal with all the AC21 stuff and my journey still continues. Things were not easy, I had to maintain excellent billing rate, in one ocassion the client filed for chapter 11 and did not make payments to my employer and this strained my employer's finances and I had to make it up with a better billing rate with next client to keep my GC process intact and being consinuously employed on high billing contract jobs is also challenging.
The diference between your situation and mine is - you are left with a choice and a decision to make, whereas me, I felt like was taken to a top of cliff and thrown from there.
" In case, in future, if economy goes bad and recession occurs,we cannot sponsor your green card since it is easy to find american citizens who has minimum qualification."
This should be mentioned on the offer letters given by big comapnies.Then it is up to H1B candidate whenter to take the offer(risk) or not.
Can these companies do this????
Let me tell you my story
I worked for a mid sized consulting company (not to be mistaken for desi contracting) and GC was filed in March 2004 (it was EB3 labor). I was in my 6th year of h1b in 2005 when this company got bought over and unfortunately I lost job in the 6th year of h1b with only 11 months of h1b left. At that time I was newly married and with no bank balance. Then I looked for a new job, managed to get a nice long term contract job in a month and got h1 transferred to a decent consulting company who applied for my 6th and 7th year of h1b using the labor already filed in the company I was layed off. When in my 6th year my new PERM got approved with this employer and 140 also approved and based on that I got 8th, 9th, 10th year h1b extensions. I managed to file for 485 in July fiasco and then after an year, I left the employer and started using EAD. That employer revoked my i 140 because I left them and then I had to deal with all the AC21 stuff and my journey still continues. Things were not easy, I had to maintain excellent billing rate, in one ocassion the client filed for chapter 11 and did not make payments to my employer and this strained my employer's finances and I had to make it up with a better billing rate with next client to keep my GC process intact and being consinuously employed on high billing contract jobs is also challenging.
The diference between your situation and mine is - you are left with a choice and a decision to make, whereas me, I felt like was taken to a top of cliff and thrown from there.
hairstyles cool computer wallpaper.
StarSun
02-02 08:28 AM
Members who have pledged airline miles or stay in the registration form, please use this thread.
ushkand
07-24 11:57 AM
Simply_GC:
yes there is an option for you. When you get the I-485 receipot, mail in the employment letter along with copy of 485 receipt (just so they can track) and a another letter stating the oversight.
Doesn't receipting an application automatically mean they accepted the application?
yes there is an option for you. When you get the I-485 receipot, mail in the employment letter along with copy of 485 receipt (just so they can track) and a another letter stating the oversight.
Doesn't receipting an application automatically mean they accepted the application?
jamesbond007
09-10 11:12 AM
I guess, getting 30 green dots is tougher than getting GC itself:D
Restricting chat access based on dots earned is probably the most idiotic thing IV has done. Folks who have contributed hundreds of dollars should be allowed access irrespective of posts or stupid dots.
I concur.
This is one way to get an additional post by saying simple things like "i agree" etc. But how to get green dots?
50 posts and 30 green dots to access the chat feature? WOW.
It is ridiculous to restrict access just because some one does not agree with what one is posting and instead of debating it, they give a red dot.
This smells of EB1, EB2, EB3 etc?
When IV is asking everyone's participation, trying to increase the visibility, trying to improve the numbers, why this exclusionary practice?
Restricting chat access based on dots earned is probably the most idiotic thing IV has done. Folks who have contributed hundreds of dollars should be allowed access irrespective of posts or stupid dots.
I concur.
This is one way to get an additional post by saying simple things like "i agree" etc. But how to get green dots?
50 posts and 30 green dots to access the chat feature? WOW.
It is ridiculous to restrict access just because some one does not agree with what one is posting and instead of debating it, they give a red dot.
This smells of EB1, EB2, EB3 etc?
When IV is asking everyone's participation, trying to increase the visibility, trying to improve the numbers, why this exclusionary practice?
No comments:
Post a Comment