alterego
09-15 01:32 PM
Clearly they felt putting EB2 india PD at Jan 2003 created too much of a flow. So they made it unavailable for a while then backed up 6 months with this new quota.
My view is with the coming deluge of Labours from the BECs and the promised pick up in the pace of 140 adjudications, those of us in EB2 will be very lucky if we see a month for month movement in priority dates. I suspect you could count yourself lucky if you get to file for 485 in this fiscal year.
EB india's situation is truly that bad. The bulge in applications in 2002-2005 is so huge that I feel that absent legislation the dates may move at best 4 months per year for the next few years.
Just think that 40K green cards went to India last year and this year it will not exceed 10K by much. That was before BECs.
It is a truly daunting situation.
I however do feel there will be some solution to this mess within the next year with some sort of legislation that corporate america will push.
My view is with the coming deluge of Labours from the BECs and the promised pick up in the pace of 140 adjudications, those of us in EB2 will be very lucky if we see a month for month movement in priority dates. I suspect you could count yourself lucky if you get to file for 485 in this fiscal year.
EB india's situation is truly that bad. The bulge in applications in 2002-2005 is so huge that I feel that absent legislation the dates may move at best 4 months per year for the next few years.
Just think that 40K green cards went to India last year and this year it will not exceed 10K by much. That was before BECs.
It is a truly daunting situation.
I however do feel there will be some solution to this mess within the next year with some sort of legislation that corporate america will push.
wallpaper rad pitt body pics. rad pitt
bestia
11-10 03:56 PM
I agree with Bestia but the only problem is finding a good employer and trusting someone. In this market everyone wants to take advantage of poor H1bs so kind of tricky to take any decision.
Of course it is. But several steps could be helpful. After getting an offer, meet your future coworkers, ask around, find somebody on H1b, talk to that person. See to what degree the top management is aware of H1b program. My CEO had no much idea about H1b, I considered this as a good sign.
Of course it is. But several steps could be helpful. After getting an offer, meet your future coworkers, ask around, find somebody on H1b, talk to that person. See to what degree the top management is aware of H1b program. My CEO had no much idea about H1b, I considered this as a good sign.
waitin_toolong
10-01 02:31 PM
there are two things about visa one is stamp and other is status. if you maintained the same status in USA as you are going for stamping you will answer yes.
eg. you had a H1 stamp that expired in 2006 but you had extended that status and only now getting it stamped then you will answer yes.
but if you had a prev stamp of F1 and then changed to H1 and going for H1 stamping then you will answer no.
For H4 are they asking sepeartely, because you will answer yes in your case and then add yoor daughter to your appointment.
You are only answering for yourself when you say yes, i dont think there is any misrepresentation involved.
eg. you had a H1 stamp that expired in 2006 but you had extended that status and only now getting it stamped then you will answer yes.
but if you had a prev stamp of F1 and then changed to H1 and going for H1 stamping then you will answer no.
For H4 are they asking sepeartely, because you will answer yes in your case and then add yoor daughter to your appointment.
You are only answering for yourself when you say yes, i dont think there is any misrepresentation involved.
2011 Chest Hair Swinging Everywhere
tonyHK12
11-09 02:18 PM
I am sure many of you would agree with the below observations -
I lost money in the 2001 stock market because I believed that the market could never down based on all the glorious research reports..
I lost money again in 2005 as I bought a house believing that a house value can only go up, again reading all the real estate boom that was happening around.
Now, I keep reading that the Indian market is oh-so good that everyone should go back to India to live in the villas and ride around in the chauffeured cars:)
Hmm, as always, I have been the last one to get on the boat before it went under. So, with all pun intended, what Indian ETF should I start investing and when should I buy my one-way ticket :rolleyes:
As my mom always says - Mountains always look smooth from a distance. This time I think I will stay put and wait it out for my GC..
Agreed it is not good to blindly trust the media. Stocks, housing, 401K - financial institutions have a vested interest in getting a bulk of your investments and are big political contributors and fund some media outlets.
But who would benefit if a reputed London company talks against US immigration, not the UK. This is not even an Indian news paper.
But your GC is close anyway so its good to wait, but try to find an unbaised opinion, only your friends and relatives may be able to help you out with reality.
I lost money in the 2001 stock market because I believed that the market could never down based on all the glorious research reports..
I lost money again in 2005 as I bought a house believing that a house value can only go up, again reading all the real estate boom that was happening around.
Now, I keep reading that the Indian market is oh-so good that everyone should go back to India to live in the villas and ride around in the chauffeured cars:)
Hmm, as always, I have been the last one to get on the boat before it went under. So, with all pun intended, what Indian ETF should I start investing and when should I buy my one-way ticket :rolleyes:
As my mom always says - Mountains always look smooth from a distance. This time I think I will stay put and wait it out for my GC..
Agreed it is not good to blindly trust the media. Stocks, housing, 401K - financial institutions have a vested interest in getting a bulk of your investments and are big political contributors and fund some media outlets.
But who would benefit if a reputed London company talks against US immigration, not the UK. This is not even an Indian news paper.
But your GC is close anyway so its good to wait, but try to find an unbaised opinion, only your friends and relatives may be able to help you out with reality.
more...
paskal
03-03 11:17 AM
http://www.indiawest.com/view.php?subaction=showfull&id=1204158463&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1
cooler
07-07 01:43 PM
Bump.
I am in the same situation. Any insight from the original owner or others would be appreciated
I am in the same situation. Any insight from the original owner or others would be appreciated
more...
Dhundhun
06-08 01:36 PM
Dhundhun,
Thank you for your earlier help. I have one more question. My I485 with approved I140 EB2 catagory PD June 2006 is pending and God knows for how many days. My job as Mechanical Engineer is stable and employer is willing to help me. I have a PhD in Engineering with about 30 years experience in industry and teaching. However, because of industry work I do not have many publications. I am a Fellow of IEI and a recognised PhD guide in Indian University, can get good recommendations too. Can I try for EB1 in some catagory?
Thanks again
This site gives broad description of EB1 and its classification:
http://www.visaus.us/pages/greencard-EB1.htm
This is speciality area for lawyers: Can they put in EB-1(b) catagory, which is dependant on research/publication or EB-1(c) if on very senior management?
I think enough publications are required for EB-1(b), my couple of my friends with PhD could not get enough evidence to be placed in EB-1(b).
Thank you for your earlier help. I have one more question. My I485 with approved I140 EB2 catagory PD June 2006 is pending and God knows for how many days. My job as Mechanical Engineer is stable and employer is willing to help me. I have a PhD in Engineering with about 30 years experience in industry and teaching. However, because of industry work I do not have many publications. I am a Fellow of IEI and a recognised PhD guide in Indian University, can get good recommendations too. Can I try for EB1 in some catagory?
Thanks again
This site gives broad description of EB1 and its classification:
http://www.visaus.us/pages/greencard-EB1.htm
This is speciality area for lawyers: Can they put in EB-1(b) catagory, which is dependant on research/publication or EB-1(c) if on very senior management?
I think enough publications are required for EB-1(b), my couple of my friends with PhD could not get enough evidence to be placed in EB-1(b).
2010 rad pitt fight club hair.
puskeygadha
06-02 09:11 PM
there is no 10,000 source but i heard people say that..
are you also their client..are you audited..my audit is on business
necessity and recruitment..
does this mean we are screwed...or will they do something..they are
big law firm..why would we suffer when one lawyer in the big firm makes
stupid mistake
are you also their client..are you audited..my audit is on business
necessity and recruitment..
does this mean we are screwed...or will they do something..they are
big law firm..why would we suffer when one lawyer in the big firm makes
stupid mistake
more...
sr123
05-25 06:48 AM
sent
hair rad pitt haircut fight club.
FredG
March 3rd, 2004, 08:06 PM
I vote that you work the shot from every angle and show us what you came up with.
Gary
No disrespect. Just wondered what it would look like from every angle.
Oh, did you mean one at a time? :)
Fred
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/data/581/334Stair_Kal.jpg
Gary
No disrespect. Just wondered what it would look like from every angle.
Oh, did you mean one at a time? :)
Fred
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/data/581/334Stair_Kal.jpg
more...
akilaakka
03-02 09:51 AM
Thanks SL & Lost in GC process,
Sorry for not being clear in C & D. I am in US. The question I meant to ask is about the the time that I am not physically present in US i.e. If I went for vacction in India for a month, can that one month be included in my H1B1 extension since I was not physically present in US. In other words I would file for 1.1 year extension as opposed to 1 year
One the same topic, a friend of mine got a three year extension post 6 years of H1B. When asked, his lawyer informed, if you have an approved I140 then you are elegible for 3 years extension as opposed to 1 year. Is this true. Can some refer to the right CFR's
Thanks
Senthil
Sorry for not being clear in C & D. I am in US. The question I meant to ask is about the the time that I am not physically present in US i.e. If I went for vacction in India for a month, can that one month be included in my H1B1 extension since I was not physically present in US. In other words I would file for 1.1 year extension as opposed to 1 year
One the same topic, a friend of mine got a three year extension post 6 years of H1B. When asked, his lawyer informed, if you have an approved I140 then you are elegible for 3 years extension as opposed to 1 year. Is this true. Can some refer to the right CFR's
Thanks
Senthil
hot OTHER TAGS: BOA | chest hair

Suva
01-10 12:05 PM
Visa number is allocation depending on country of birth. Country of citizenship doesn't matter. So if your country of birth is one of the retrogressed countries then you have to wait for long time to get a I-485 visa number.
EB-2, 485 and 140 submitted in June 2007 concurrently, RD and PD both are June 2007. I borrowed my husband's Swiss nationality. Now 140 approved, AP and EAD got, but NC is still pending.
Just curious: When will USCIS process my 485? According to my nationality or my husband's? If it's mine, god, I may have to wait for 4, 5 years because of the terrible VB backlog! Is it after 485, everyone no matter which nationality, the processing time should be the same. All the world line up together. Please correct me if I am wrong.
EB-2, 485 and 140 submitted in June 2007 concurrently, RD and PD both are June 2007. I borrowed my husband's Swiss nationality. Now 140 approved, AP and EAD got, but NC is still pending.
Just curious: When will USCIS process my 485? According to my nationality or my husband's? If it's mine, god, I may have to wait for 4, 5 years because of the terrible VB backlog! Is it after 485, everyone no matter which nationality, the processing time should be the same. All the world line up together. Please correct me if I am wrong.
more...
house mmm cleavage and chest hair
ns007
02-13 02:39 PM
One of my friends got his passport back in 6th week.
I would say, be persistent in contacting them. They are not very good at getting back to people - no accountability. Send emails and fax explaining your situation ....twice a day until they reply back.
Hello Friends,
My current passport is expiring in Jun 07. I have applied for passport renewal at Indian Embassy (Washington D.C.) in 3rd week of Jan 07 via courier. I may have to travel urgently to India by end of this month. Just wondering if anyone recently got their passport renewed at DC and what was the duration. It will help me to take the decision about departure date. Unfortunately DC is 5 hours drive from where I live. I am not sure even if take a day off and drive to DC to collect the passport they will even give it to me on the same day. Multiple attempts to contact DC office via phone/email were not helpful. No one picks the phone and their voice mail system is always full. Any advise on what I should to do know status of my passport renewal would be appreciated.
Thank you,
------------------------
P.S : Yes, I have contributed to IV :)
I would say, be persistent in contacting them. They are not very good at getting back to people - no accountability. Send emails and fax explaining your situation ....twice a day until they reply back.
Hello Friends,
My current passport is expiring in Jun 07. I have applied for passport renewal at Indian Embassy (Washington D.C.) in 3rd week of Jan 07 via courier. I may have to travel urgently to India by end of this month. Just wondering if anyone recently got their passport renewed at DC and what was the duration. It will help me to take the decision about departure date. Unfortunately DC is 5 hours drive from where I live. I am not sure even if take a day off and drive to DC to collect the passport they will even give it to me on the same day. Multiple attempts to contact DC office via phone/email were not helpful. No one picks the phone and their voice mail system is always full. Any advise on what I should to do know status of my passport renewal would be appreciated.
Thank you,
------------------------
P.S : Yes, I have contributed to IV :)
tattoo #9 Tom Jones#39; chest hair ($7
namm80
04-07 10:18 PM
H1B extension beyond 6 yrs is possible under 2 circumstances:
a) Labor was filed atleast 365 days before H1B expiry date - which makes you eligible for 1 year extension (NOTE: this does not depend on priority date being current/retrogressed).
b) I-140 has been approved and priority dates are retrogressed. This makes you eligible for 3 yr extension.
So CADude should get 1 yr extension is worst case.
Coming back to your scenario, i don't think you neccessarily need copies of I-140/LC to get H1B xfr. If you have receipt #s of either, you attorney should be able to file H1B xfr case. I know of people who did that in my company. Take a printout of DOL/USCIS case status information if you have receipt # available. If you don't have receipt # as well, then i am afraid, you are out of luck and AC-21 is the only option.
ok gurus here's my situation..
1) Employer A filed my green card and I140 is approved and its been more than 180 days since 485 is filed.. no issue here... recently got my 3-year H1 extension from employer A till 2011. this extension is for 7th, 8th and 9th year... so have already crossed 6 year limit.
2) got an offer and accepted the offer from employer B and employer A does not provide any info regaring labor or I-140...
3) Since H1 extension is based on my green card application, to do a transfer or renewal, copies of I140 and labor is required (according to company B's lawyer)
4) So in this case i'm forced to use EAD and company B's lawyer are evaluating if old and new job description are same or similar...
so now my question is, is it true that transfer/renew of H1 after 6 years without the copy of I140 or labor from employer other than the one filed for your green card, not allowed? is there anything that can be done in this case?
thanks guys..
a) Labor was filed atleast 365 days before H1B expiry date - which makes you eligible for 1 year extension (NOTE: this does not depend on priority date being current/retrogressed).
b) I-140 has been approved and priority dates are retrogressed. This makes you eligible for 3 yr extension.
So CADude should get 1 yr extension is worst case.
Coming back to your scenario, i don't think you neccessarily need copies of I-140/LC to get H1B xfr. If you have receipt #s of either, you attorney should be able to file H1B xfr case. I know of people who did that in my company. Take a printout of DOL/USCIS case status information if you have receipt # available. If you don't have receipt # as well, then i am afraid, you are out of luck and AC-21 is the only option.
ok gurus here's my situation..
1) Employer A filed my green card and I140 is approved and its been more than 180 days since 485 is filed.. no issue here... recently got my 3-year H1 extension from employer A till 2011. this extension is for 7th, 8th and 9th year... so have already crossed 6 year limit.
2) got an offer and accepted the offer from employer B and employer A does not provide any info regaring labor or I-140...
3) Since H1 extension is based on my green card application, to do a transfer or renewal, copies of I140 and labor is required (according to company B's lawyer)
4) So in this case i'm forced to use EAD and company B's lawyer are evaluating if old and new job description are same or similar...
so now my question is, is it true that transfer/renew of H1 after 6 years without the copy of I140 or labor from employer other than the one filed for your green card, not allowed? is there anything that can be done in this case?
thanks guys..
more...
pictures Don#39;t brush your hair on a

americandesi
05-19 09:19 AM
According to murthy, several of these cases were tied to companies that are under fraud investigations
MurthyDotCom : Newark Airport - Analysis & Potential Options for H1Bs Entering U.S. (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newark.html)
MurthyDotCom : Newark Airport - Analysis & Potential Options for H1Bs Entering U.S. (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newark.html)
dresses Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp.
gccovet
04-01 01:25 PM
Please update your profile.
GCCovet
GCCovet
more...
makeup of the missing ody hair,
hoolahoous
02-04 10:53 AM
since it was USCIS who lost the documents, shouldn't they give YOU benifit of doubt ? Specially considering that they KNOW that there was an AUTO created I-140 in their system. Technically you can't file I485 without I140. If their system indicates that they have created an I-140 that itself indicates that they accepted the error on their part first.
If you challenge USCIS decision in court, I think you have a good chance of getting the decision reverted.
PS: I am not an attorney so consult an attorney first.
If you challenge USCIS decision in court, I think you have a good chance of getting the decision reverted.
PS: I am not an attorney so consult an attorney first.
girlfriend new recent hair styles pic
dpp
09-18 08:41 PM
I am a July 2 filer. I got 485 receipt notice from California Service Center with receipt date of july 2. Today, in mail, I got another notice called transfer notice, which states that my case has been transferred to Nebraska. The receipt date on the transfer notice is Sep 5. Is it nromal to have such diferent receipt dates? Will USCIS process by receipt date on receipt notice or on transfer notice?
Even same for me. The receipt date on transfer notice is not the important, notice date on actual receipe notice is imp. Don't worry for each and every small thing. You application is received by USCIS and so don't think too much on this.
Even same for me. The receipt date on transfer notice is not the important, notice date on actual receipe notice is imp. Don't worry for each and every small thing. You application is received by USCIS and so don't think too much on this.
hairstyles like men with facial hair?
Almond
07-16 02:41 PM
My I140 and 485 were filed in Dec'2006. I got my I140 approval notice (email alert from USCIS) last week.
Yes, 6 months for the I40 is the usual wait time for that (the usual wait time at THIS time in history that is). It's the I485 that is a pain...
Yes, 6 months for the I40 is the usual wait time for that (the usual wait time at THIS time in history that is). It's the I485 that is a pain...
crystal
10-06 10:22 AM
There is no specific rule for this. I read opposite opinions on this by different lawyers. Based my reading on this subject , I came to a conclusion that it is better to switch to I-485 EAD once we get it to be on safer side. This is more related to IO officer questioning about our intent of continuing on F1 even after I-485 filing rather than IRS audits
neelu
12-28 08:48 AM
Thank you everyone for the reply.
Thanks for joining, IV.
We need more membership. Kindly help IV by introducing ONE member.
And this request is to everyone - Please help add ONE member to IV by dec 31st.
Thank you.
Thanks for joining, IV.
We need more membership. Kindly help IV by introducing ONE member.
And this request is to everyone - Please help add ONE member to IV by dec 31st.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment