PHANI_TAVVALA
02-17 06:16 PM
I am volunteering to coordinate the collection and redemption of airline miles.
Those who would like to donate or in need please PM me with your Name and Phone number along with a good time to reach.
if you are donating miles, please also provide the airlines and the number of miles you wish to donate and contact info (name and phone number)
Please do not forget to put your phone number when you send me the PM.
Thanks
sent Delta miles information to you.
Those who would like to donate or in need please PM me with your Name and Phone number along with a good time to reach.
if you are donating miles, please also provide the airlines and the number of miles you wish to donate and contact info (name and phone number)
Please do not forget to put your phone number when you send me the PM.
Thanks
sent Delta miles information to you.
wallpaper The Daily News online sports
RaviG
07-05 01:56 PM
Why don't IV put a sticker next to paid member Id? That might inspire people.
ambrishmisra
04-10 02:05 PM
My wife is in US since Aug, 2006 on H4.
We missed the H1-B filing last year and it doesn't look good this year too (although her petition got submitted on the first day).
Her last four years job profile (as of now):
- 2.5 years for 'Company A' (one of the top 3 Indian s/w company)
- 10 months for 'Company B'
- 8 months on H4 (in US) - NO work
Can she apply through 'Company A' for an L1 (as she has worked more than a year continuously in the last three years)?
OR its only for an company you are working for currently?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
We missed the H1-B filing last year and it doesn't look good this year too (although her petition got submitted on the first day).
Her last four years job profile (as of now):
- 2.5 years for 'Company A' (one of the top 3 Indian s/w company)
- 10 months for 'Company B'
- 8 months on H4 (in US) - NO work
Can she apply through 'Company A' for an L1 (as she has worked more than a year continuously in the last three years)?
OR its only for an company you are working for currently?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
2011 Subscribe to The Boston Globe
imh1b
12-23 03:51 PM
Anyone filed a lawsuit yet? Someone please update.
There was one guy who was planning to do hunger strike some time back. Did he actually do it?
Or are we all waiting for the next visa bulletin?
There was one guy who was planning to do hunger strike some time back. Did he actually do it?
Or are we all waiting for the next visa bulletin?
more...
sriwaitingforgc
09-10 02:25 PM
They went at EST and back at PST:D
Good one :-)
Good one :-)
chanduv23
12-15 11:20 AM
gcisadawg,
Very well said. What you said, also gives strength to my point. We are self proclaimed "highly skilled" workers. We shouldn't have been trained, we shouldn't have been air lifted by desi consultants. We shouldn't have been sold for short/long term projects after coming to the US.
Actually, during 1999-2000 year, when I was about to graduate from IIT, yes, my class mates used to receive calls from Microsoft based in Seattle and Phillips based in Holland. Those companies paid final year graduating students (with good track record), a return trip to Seattle for interview. That was the real demand! And mind you, those students were very talented. They already had secured 100% aid from excellent US universities. So, it was a scenario of good company taking interest in excellent students and then filing for H1-B and subsequently green card. Can you imagine, Microsoft getting a RFE from USCIS to show "ability to pay"! We have so many people yelling on these forums because companies do not have the ability to pay to these "highly skilled workers".
I can go on and on.....
I do not agree with anyone who claims that we are really "required" here. We are fighting to survive here and we are fighting to get Green Cards. We have 50 million hate groups in the US that do not like us at all. It is a tough road ahead !
It is not about demand and supply - these two things can never me matched in the best possible way. remember - H1b and GC are typically platforms provided by US govt towards bringing in talent and workers and fill in gaps and keep the competitive spirit and keep US always the best country in the world.
If there is demand - there is demand. Period. if there is supply there is supply. Period. Supply can come from anywhere. Demand cane arise from anywhere. For eg.. An IITian need not necessarily be the best candidate to fill a spot in a X company in North Dakota and a MSFT need not necessarily be the only company to go abroad and find candidates ONLY from ivyleague.
I know so many people who are from IIT and work for desi companies - they get good salary and are happy.
Just go back and think about the best professor you had in your college. If you think that he must get a GC because he is very intelligent - youare wrong. On another note - if the same professor feels he must get a GC, he may probably pay a desi body shop , learn SAP and get an IT job come here - then he may rather go back to his ways of teaching if he wanted to do it again.
What I am trying to say is - there is no point in discussing about demand, supply, talent, whether we are required or not, we must look at ourselves - whether we want what we want. If we want what we want - we must work towards it - unfortunately our community thinks - we are/are not entitled - and have so many discussions. There are people who do what it takes to get what they want - and they may use body shops or whatever they can to navigate the system. There are people who think others will help them and now a lot of people think Obama will come to their house personally to give them a GC.
Very well said. What you said, also gives strength to my point. We are self proclaimed "highly skilled" workers. We shouldn't have been trained, we shouldn't have been air lifted by desi consultants. We shouldn't have been sold for short/long term projects after coming to the US.
Actually, during 1999-2000 year, when I was about to graduate from IIT, yes, my class mates used to receive calls from Microsoft based in Seattle and Phillips based in Holland. Those companies paid final year graduating students (with good track record), a return trip to Seattle for interview. That was the real demand! And mind you, those students were very talented. They already had secured 100% aid from excellent US universities. So, it was a scenario of good company taking interest in excellent students and then filing for H1-B and subsequently green card. Can you imagine, Microsoft getting a RFE from USCIS to show "ability to pay"! We have so many people yelling on these forums because companies do not have the ability to pay to these "highly skilled workers".
I can go on and on.....
I do not agree with anyone who claims that we are really "required" here. We are fighting to survive here and we are fighting to get Green Cards. We have 50 million hate groups in the US that do not like us at all. It is a tough road ahead !
It is not about demand and supply - these two things can never me matched in the best possible way. remember - H1b and GC are typically platforms provided by US govt towards bringing in talent and workers and fill in gaps and keep the competitive spirit and keep US always the best country in the world.
If there is demand - there is demand. Period. if there is supply there is supply. Period. Supply can come from anywhere. Demand cane arise from anywhere. For eg.. An IITian need not necessarily be the best candidate to fill a spot in a X company in North Dakota and a MSFT need not necessarily be the only company to go abroad and find candidates ONLY from ivyleague.
I know so many people who are from IIT and work for desi companies - they get good salary and are happy.
Just go back and think about the best professor you had in your college. If you think that he must get a GC because he is very intelligent - youare wrong. On another note - if the same professor feels he must get a GC, he may probably pay a desi body shop , learn SAP and get an IT job come here - then he may rather go back to his ways of teaching if he wanted to do it again.
What I am trying to say is - there is no point in discussing about demand, supply, talent, whether we are required or not, we must look at ourselves - whether we want what we want. If we want what we want - we must work towards it - unfortunately our community thinks - we are/are not entitled - and have so many discussions. There are people who do what it takes to get what they want - and they may use body shops or whatever they can to navigate the system. There are people who think others will help them and now a lot of people think Obama will come to their house personally to give them a GC.
more...
jungalee43
02-06 09:37 AM
Though I am posting very late, I fully agree with the intent of the thread starter. If there is anything that we can convince the "balanced" law makers, it is the discrimination based on country based quota.
A person with certain skill set brings same and equal benefits to this country. S/He is hired because the economy of this country needs him/her. Then why issue green card to one because s/he was born in XYZ country and why ask another to wait almost endlessly because s/he was born in ABC country. This is absurd, unjust, unfair and discriminatory, particularly considering the values that United States respects, believes in and follows.
We can sell only this one point to law makers. Selling an idea on how much benefits we bring to this country, and if we can buy homes with 20% down payment, is like waking up a person who is pretending to be asleep. They have decided not to buy that argument no matter what. And then there is Dick Durbyn, Grassley, Jeff Sessions, Steve King and many like them...............
A person with certain skill set brings same and equal benefits to this country. S/He is hired because the economy of this country needs him/her. Then why issue green card to one because s/he was born in XYZ country and why ask another to wait almost endlessly because s/he was born in ABC country. This is absurd, unjust, unfair and discriminatory, particularly considering the values that United States respects, believes in and follows.
We can sell only this one point to law makers. Selling an idea on how much benefits we bring to this country, and if we can buy homes with 20% down payment, is like waking up a person who is pretending to be asleep. They have decided not to buy that argument no matter what. And then there is Dick Durbyn, Grassley, Jeff Sessions, Steve King and many like them...............
2010 The Boston Globe breaking news
fromnaija
07-23 05:19 PM
My lawyer also submitted my 485 without the employer's letter. She maintained that since I currently work for the petitioning employer, it is not required. She only submitted my pay advice.
Thanks much for your time! We already applied without it.
Lets see... I don;t have much in my hands other than waiting....
Thanks much for your time! We already applied without it.
Lets see... I don;t have much in my hands other than waiting....
more...
greyhair
06-10 09:14 PM
There are always two sides of coin and so is the half glass full, a half glass empty.
Bottomline is if such bills turn into bill, its not just immigrant community but the economy as whole gets impacted.
Bhattji
Clearly the guys who proposed this bill do not think that it will have negative impact on the economy. To the contrary, these guys seem to think that it will free up jobs for Americans, currently occupied by the undeserving immigrants.
The intensity of these amendments are increasing. Earlier it was on Tarp companies. Now this amendment is for all companies that have laid off workers. I interpret the language to include "work authorization" which means EAD. Even if it doesn't include EAD, say this amendment will pass, then what is next? In next phase they will come after EAD, won't they?
Bottomline is if such bills turn into bill, its not just immigrant community but the economy as whole gets impacted.
Bhattji
Clearly the guys who proposed this bill do not think that it will have negative impact on the economy. To the contrary, these guys seem to think that it will free up jobs for Americans, currently occupied by the undeserving immigrants.
The intensity of these amendments are increasing. Earlier it was on Tarp companies. Now this amendment is for all companies that have laid off workers. I interpret the language to include "work authorization" which means EAD. Even if it doesn't include EAD, say this amendment will pass, then what is next? In next phase they will come after EAD, won't they?
hair Boston Globe Patriots. Sports
belmontboy
03-21 04:38 PM
Unless you have clearly written promise that they will apply for GC, you cannot fight in court. Secondly, even if they did give you in writing, there is no time limit on when they can file.....they can effectively file labor a month before 6th year of H1 and have you out of status and therefore layed off.
Taking advantage of employees by making insincere promises is not illegal, but is unethical.
It's good to know about these companies so that other's don't end-up with the same problem.
Taking advantage of employees by making insincere promises is not illegal, but is unethical.
It's good to know about these companies so that other's don't end-up with the same problem.
more...
ras
07-12 11:38 AM
am still unclear. Does it mean those who have PD prior to Jun 06 will get their GC? I cant believe it.
At the personal end, I have my GC filed with Dec 06 PD. However, I have a previous I140 approved with Sept 05. I was thinking about porting the priority date. If I port it now will I get my GC based on the previous priority date?
Ofcourse I dont intend to port it at this point of time because am planning to get married in another 3-4months. so can you guys let me know what would be the best approach. Is it porting the previous priority date now or wait till getting married and then port it? In such case will the spouse be eligible to file for 485 when it is current. am confused.
At the personal end, I have my GC filed with Dec 06 PD. However, I have a previous I140 approved with Sept 05. I was thinking about porting the priority date. If I port it now will I get my GC based on the previous priority date?
Ofcourse I dont intend to port it at this point of time because am planning to get married in another 3-4months. so can you guys let me know what would be the best approach. Is it porting the previous priority date now or wait till getting married and then port it? In such case will the spouse be eligible to file for 485 when it is current. am confused.
hot Here#39;s the Home: Sports: Red
kph
07-17 09:56 AM
If they have the webfaxes ready, why can't we all open up a user there, write our own contents and send it to Senators, as if NumberUSA supports only legal immigration?
more...
house the page up there ^
senthil1
01-09 02:05 PM
In the consulting job there is no such thing called entry level. Generally consultant means he should be expert in that area.
If anyone trying thro consulting companies(especially Indian bodyshoppers) they will make you 5 to 10 years of experienced candidate after 5 to 10 days of training. Clients will be charged 100 to 150 dollars per hour and consultants will be given 20 dollars per hour(no bench). Entry levels are mostly in companies like Intel.Microsoft and many other companies. It is very easy to find a company than a candidate. You can find by googling.
Can you please share with me PM some of these companies as I am lookin for a h1b sponsorer for someone i know who has done masters here.... and is fresher... not that he wants to put fake.... he is ready to get a entry level salary and state that he graduated out of school and is a fresher..... just that he wants someone to do his h1b...
If anyone trying thro consulting companies(especially Indian bodyshoppers) they will make you 5 to 10 years of experienced candidate after 5 to 10 days of training. Clients will be charged 100 to 150 dollars per hour and consultants will be given 20 dollars per hour(no bench). Entry levels are mostly in companies like Intel.Microsoft and many other companies. It is very easy to find a company than a candidate. You can find by googling.
Can you please share with me PM some of these companies as I am lookin for a h1b sponsorer for someone i know who has done masters here.... and is fresher... not that he wants to put fake.... he is ready to get a entry level salary and state that he graduated out of school and is a fresher..... just that he wants someone to do his h1b...
tattoo Globe West Sports | On the
fromnaija
07-23 05:19 PM
My lawyer also submitted my 485 without the employer's letter. She maintained that since I currently work for the petitioning employer, it is not required. She only submitted my pay advice.
Thanks much for your time! We already applied without it.
Lets see... I don;t have much in my hands other than waiting....
Thanks much for your time! We already applied without it.
Lets see... I don;t have much in my hands other than waiting....
more...
pictures Boston Globe middot; Boston Herald
tooclose
07-13 07:14 AM
What is the need for all this ? The visa bulletin is out but no one cares to read it I guess. Every bulletin has these or words to this effect.
"Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number."
So the date that you see in the table is NOT eligible for visa numbers.
Thanks for the information. I believe I have to wait for another month to get any updates from the Sep visa bulletin or wait till same time next year since my PD is Mar-06.
Congrats to all to have received it and good luck to those who have become current !
"Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number."
So the date that you see in the table is NOT eligible for visa numbers.
Thanks for the information. I believe I have to wait for another month to get any updates from the Sep visa bulletin or wait till same time next year since my PD is Mar-06.
Congrats to all to have received it and good luck to those who have become current !
dresses (Essdras M Suarez / Globe
uma001
07-29 01:50 PM
I think you are talking out of frustration. Take your emotion out and think rationally. Why it takes 3-4 years for you to understand they are not going to start the GC process. Once its evident in 1-2 years they are giving all damn excesses...don�t you need to start looking for other opportunity. They might be ethically wrong but its not illegal. Again you are just venting your frustration.
Yup, I tried...it happened once, why cant it happened twice or thrice. No gaurantee.
Yup, I tried...it happened once, why cant it happened twice or thrice. No gaurantee.
more...
makeup Boston Globe Launches Weekly
pappu
01-09 07:53 PM
thanks for pointing it out. We need volunteers to do this task. anyone interested pls sign up here and start posting.
girlfriend Globe reprint sports page
pbojja
03-10 03:03 PM
If you feel good by giving red then pls do it, but that doesn't change what's coming in your way.
This is turning out to be TRUE.
Past week, I made this comment and some people made fun of it. But, it's turning out to be true. They are now fully focusing on EB3 and I think they will continue to do untill they finish all Eb3. Once they reached last quarter then they will make EB2-I/C current and distribute those spill-over visas across EB. They don't have to make EB3-ROW current to give some spill-over to EB3-I. What ever will be left at the end of quarter will be spilled across EB's.
They will do what ever They want to do ..They will take decssions based on them .. They may spill ..They may not spill ...They may suffer ..They may not suffer ..They may left over ..They may not left over ..
Where They can be DOS,USCIS,Applicant or Numbers
This is turning out to be TRUE.
Past week, I made this comment and some people made fun of it. But, it's turning out to be true. They are now fully focusing on EB3 and I think they will continue to do untill they finish all Eb3. Once they reached last quarter then they will make EB2-I/C current and distribute those spill-over visas across EB. They don't have to make EB3-ROW current to give some spill-over to EB3-I. What ever will be left at the end of quarter will be spilled across EB's.
They will do what ever They want to do ..They will take decssions based on them .. They may spill ..They may not spill ...They may suffer ..They may not suffer ..They may left over ..They may not left over ..
Where They can be DOS,USCIS,Applicant or Numbers
hairstyles oston globe your subscription
addsf345
12-10 03:31 PM
With all the porting nonsense going on eb2 will move backward and eb3 will inch forward slowly. We might end up with eb2 and eb3 in 2002. congrats to all the people who ported, the only thing you accomplished is you made sure eb2 does not progress (it does not mean you have have moved forward by porting, it just means that you have made sure you have prevented original eb2 guys from getting green card), the people who ported wont gain any benefit but they will make it worse for everyone, they have to file a second i140 which will take at least another 1 year to clear and after 1 year when the ported 140's clear the eb2 will go back to 2002. You have also accomplished another great feat, DOL is going to make it impossible to file eb2 in IT jobs so even genuine people are screwed. Before people start giving red dots and justifying there porting I have an message for you, your behavior is no different from the people who did labor substitution, the end result was DOL ended labor substitution and the result of all this porting is DOL has made it impossible to get eb2 even for genuine cases. Just because others are doing it does not mean you can do it, obviously it is wrong therefore dol removed labor substitution and now dol is making it impossible to get eb2 for IT jobs even for genuine cases. 90 % of people doing this porting are desi consulting employees, they wine and complain about desi consulting companies as blood suckers (justifiably) but they themselves are bloodsuckers on the EB2 community by doing this eb3 to eb2 porting.
stop crying, our real problem is unfair country quota & retrogression. Help IV fight for our common goals.
I can't help but think about this story after reading your post.
A fox, upon failing to find a way to reach grapes hanging high up on a vine, retreated and said: "The grapes are sour anyway!" The moral is stated as "It is easy to despise what you cannot get". ;)
stop crying, our real problem is unfair country quota & retrogression. Help IV fight for our common goals.
I can't help but think about this story after reading your post.
A fox, upon failing to find a way to reach grapes hanging high up on a vine, retreated and said: "The grapes are sour anyway!" The moral is stated as "It is easy to despise what you cannot get". ;)
SpookyH1Alien
11-13 02:47 PM
I am with you !! Lets do whatever it takes to get the spill over. Thats our only chance.
feedfront
09-14 02:03 PM
Well, I have not received RFE mail yet. I have changed my employer because our division was sold to Canadian firm and they moved everything to Montreal.
After changing my employer (in June), I applied for EAD/AP and both got approved within 3-4 weeks w/o any issues/RFE.
I have not filed for AC21 and used EAD to switch job. I think my previous employer might have notified USCIS about H1B case (as I had valid H1B too). Again as per attorney, it takes months if not year for USCIS to work on such notifications.
I had travelled to India last year July and came on AP as I could not get H1B stamp in India. The US consulate took more than few months to approve the my application and by that time I had already come to US on AP as suggested by my employer's attoteny.
After changing my employer (in June), I applied for EAD/AP and both got approved within 3-4 weeks w/o any issues/RFE.
I have not filed for AC21 and used EAD to switch job. I think my previous employer might have notified USCIS about H1B case (as I had valid H1B too). Again as per attorney, it takes months if not year for USCIS to work on such notifications.
I had travelled to India last year July and came on AP as I could not get H1B stamp in India. The US consulate took more than few months to approve the my application and by that time I had already come to US on AP as suggested by my employer's attoteny.
No comments:
Post a Comment